Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Luscious Lucuma Spelt pancakes with Cacao and Lucuma sauce
These pancakes are simple and easy to make, and taste delicious!
By: Sophie Leaver
Certified yoga teacher
The lucuma powder gives them a rich, creamy flavour and adds to the decadent raw chocolate sauce.The best bit is – they are refined sugar free and made with a healthier ancient type of wheat, and the addition of super foods gives them that extra nutritional punch!
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
For the pancakes
250g spelt flour
100g lucuma powder
½ mashed banana
100ml almond milk
2 tbsp maple syrup
To cook:1 tablespoon coconut oil
For the sauce
40g raw cacao butter
4 tablespoons cacao powder
3 tablespoons lucuma powder
2 tablespoons maple syrup
1 handful of raspberries
1. Prepare the chocolate sauce first by placing the cacao butter in a saucepan on a medium heat. As it melts, stir in the cacao powder, maple syrup and lucuma. You can add extra maple syrup if you like the sauce sweeter. Mix until the mixture is a smooth consistency, and set aside.
2. Add flour, lucuma powder, egg, banana, and maple syrup to a bowl and stir. Pour in the milk, adjusting the amount to suit your taste- add more if you like your pancakes thin like crepes, and slightly less if you like them thicker.
3. Mix until ingredients are blended, place the pan on a high heat, and then add the coconut oil to melt.
4. Spoon out a ladle’s worth of mixture into the pan, allowing it to form a neat circle. Let it cook for 20 seconds, or until golden on the underneath, and then flip with a spatula. Cook it until golden on this side and then place on your plate.
5. Add a little more coconut oil to the pan if it needs, and then repeat until all your mixture is gone!
6. Once you have a pile of pancakes, drizzle as much or as little of the chocolate sauce as you like, and top with fresh raspberries (or any other fruit you may prefer).