Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Make sure your make up goes on perfectly
With Christmas parties coming up all over the shop, huge numbers of ladies are already planning their party outfit.
In addition to the party outfit, many women pick out which make up they want to go with it – whether it's the natural look, dark, smokey eyes, or full on bright eyeshadow to really get the disco started.
Whatever make up style you choose to don for your Christmas party, make sure it sits on your face as beautifully as possible.
Before you do anything, make sure that your skin is clear of any previous make up or dirt by exfoliationg your skin
“Exfoliate your skin daily using a non abrasive and preferably organic product - this will ensure that any dead skin cells are dissolved or sloughed away, enabling your skin to absorb any nutrients from your moisturiser,” says Amanda McGillivray, founder of The Natural Skincare Company.
Start with sunscreen
This may sound bizarre given the weather, but sunscreen really is the key to looking young.
Sun damage is the number one cause of premature ageing, so if you want to stay wrinkle-free, don't dismiss it!
Some sunscreens are more beneficial than others, according to Louise Thomas-Minns, skin therapist and founder of uandyourskin.co.uk.
“It's also more beneficial if your sunscreen contains antioxidants too. Look out for those with vitamin E or the super-charged antioxidant Idebenone,” she explains.
The perfect base is moisturiser, as it seals up any dry cracks in your skin – ensuring that your foundation goes on smoothly, leaving you looking matte.
This is especially important during the winter months, as the wind and cold can dry out your skin even more.
Some women like to use a primer before they apply their make up.
They are a relatively recent invention and are designed to hold make up in place
After your primer, your skin should be make up ready!
Posted by Freya Harper
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks