Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Make sure your make up goes on perfectly
With Christmas parties coming up all over the shop, huge numbers of ladies are already planning their party outfit.
In addition to the party outfit, many women pick out which make up they want to go with it – whether it's the natural look, dark, smokey eyes, or full on bright eyeshadow to really get the disco started.
Whatever make up style you choose to don for your Christmas party, make sure it sits on your face as beautifully as possible.
Before you do anything, make sure that your skin is clear of any previous make up or dirt by exfoliationg your skin
“Exfoliate your skin daily using a non abrasive and preferably organic product - this will ensure that any dead skin cells are dissolved or sloughed away, enabling your skin to absorb any nutrients from your moisturiser,” says Amanda McGillivray, founder of The Natural Skincare Company.
Start with sunscreen
This may sound bizarre given the weather, but sunscreen really is the key to looking young.
Sun damage is the number one cause of premature ageing, so if you want to stay wrinkle-free, don't dismiss it!
Some sunscreens are more beneficial than others, according to Louise Thomas-Minns, skin therapist and founder of uandyourskin.co.uk.
“It's also more beneficial if your sunscreen contains antioxidants too. Look out for those with vitamin E or the super-charged antioxidant Idebenone,” she explains.
The perfect base is moisturiser, as it seals up any dry cracks in your skin – ensuring that your foundation goes on smoothly, leaving you looking matte.
This is especially important during the winter months, as the wind and cold can dry out your skin even more.
Some women like to use a primer before they apply their make up.
They are a relatively recent invention and are designed to hold make up in place
After your primer, your skin should be make up ready!
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.