Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Make sure your make up goes on perfectly
With Christmas parties coming up all over the shop, huge numbers of ladies are already planning their party outfit.
In addition to the party outfit, many women pick out which make up they want to go with it – whether it's the natural look, dark, smokey eyes, or full on bright eyeshadow to really get the disco started.
Whatever make up style you choose to don for your Christmas party, make sure it sits on your face as beautifully as possible.
Before you do anything, make sure that your skin is clear of any previous make up or dirt by exfoliationg your skin
“Exfoliate your skin daily using a non abrasive and preferably organic product - this will ensure that any dead skin cells are dissolved or sloughed away, enabling your skin to absorb any nutrients from your moisturiser,” says Amanda McGillivray, founder of The Natural Skincare Company.
Start with sunscreen
This may sound bizarre given the weather, but sunscreen really is the key to looking young.
Sun damage is the number one cause of premature ageing, so if you want to stay wrinkle-free, don't dismiss it!
Some sunscreens are more beneficial than others, according to Louise Thomas-Minns, skin therapist and founder of uandyourskin.co.uk.
“It's also more beneficial if your sunscreen contains antioxidants too. Look out for those with vitamin E or the super-charged antioxidant Idebenone,” she explains.
The perfect base is moisturiser, as it seals up any dry cracks in your skin – ensuring that your foundation goes on smoothly, leaving you looking matte.
This is especially important during the winter months, as the wind and cold can dry out your skin even more.
Some women like to use a primer before they apply their make up.
They are a relatively recent invention and are designed to hold make up in place
After your primer, your skin should be make up ready!
Posted by Freya Harper
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?