Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Make your own oatmeal bath to soothe itchy skin
Many of us suffer from dry, irritated sore skin in the winter, owing to the harsher weather and cold winds.
Oatmeal baths are often recommended by doctors and skin specialists for their many skin health benefits.
They are thought to reduce the symptoms of eczema, reduce inflammation, soften the skin and reduce itching.
Its moisturising and lubricating properties make it the most soothing of all the baths!
There are pre-packed oatmeal bath recipes available, but making your own is far cheaper and more natural.
What you'll need
Plain porridge oats
Around half a cup of milk
Essential oils (optional)
1. Put your porridge oats into a bowl and crush them down with the back of a spoon. Get them as fine as possible.
2. If you're having the bath just to relax, then add in your essential oils and any other products that you think will aid relaxation.
However, if your skin is irritated and you're looking to soothe it, then it might be a good idea to avoid anything that could set off a reaction.
3. Put the oats into a bag with the milk.
4. Leave the bag to sit for about 20 minutes. (You can leave out this step, but lots of the healing properties are found in the milk.)
5. Run warm water.
6. Empty the contents of the bag out into the water stream.
7. Relax! Be careful not to slip when you get in. As the tub cools, the heat will cause the essences of oatmeal and essential oils to disperse.
If you're treating a skin condition, don't stay longer than ten minutes in the bath as this could irritate your skin further.
To make the event even more relaxing, why not light some scented vanilla or lavender candles?
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed25% OFFAs low as £7.50 Regular Price £10.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)