Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Make your own oatmeal bath to soothe itchy skin
Many of us suffer from dry, irritated sore skin in the winter, owing to the harsher weather and cold winds.
Oatmeal baths are often recommended by doctors and skin specialists for their many skin health benefits.
They are thought to reduce the symptoms of eczema, reduce inflammation, soften the skin and reduce itching.
Its moisturising and lubricating properties make it the most soothing of all the baths!
There are pre-packed oatmeal bath recipes available, but making your own is far cheaper and more natural.
What you'll need
Plain porridge oats
Around half a cup of milk
Essential oils (optional)
1. Put your porridge oats into a bowl and crush them down with the back of a spoon. Get them as fine as possible.
2. If you're having the bath just to relax, then add in your essential oils and any other products that you think will aid relaxation.
However, if your skin is irritated and you're looking to soothe it, then it might be a good idea to avoid anything that could set off a reaction.
3. Put the oats into a bag with the milk.
4. Leave the bag to sit for about 20 minutes. (You can leave out this step, but lots of the healing properties are found in the milk.)
5. Run warm water.
6. Empty the contents of the bag out into the water stream.
7. Relax! Be careful not to slip when you get in. As the tub cools, the heat will cause the essences of oatmeal and essential oils to disperse.
If you're treating a skin condition, don't stay longer than ten minutes in the bath as this could irritate your skin further.
To make the event even more relaxing, why not light some scented vanilla or lavender candles?
Posted by Freya Harper
- Bringer of Peace Herbal Body Lotion for Sensitive Skin 230ml20% OFFSpecial Price £9.60 Regular Price £12.00
- Pure MCT Coconut Oil 100ml Fresh-Pressed (Organic)20% OFFSpecial Price £8.00 Regular Price £10.00
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed20% OFFAs low as £4.80 Regular Price £6.00
- Organic Hand Made Shea Butter (Unrefined) 200g20% OFFSpecial Price £9.60 Regular Price £12.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)