Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Make your own very easy flax seed face mask
Christmas means a lot of things to a lot of different people, but for the average working woman, it most definitely means two things: looking as good as possible and spending a lot of money.
Looking good is a must around Christmas - with work parties to attend, family to impress and friends to wow.
To cut the spending part down to a minimum, why not make your own flax seed face mask?
Your face will be just as glowing for the Christmas party, without the expensive price tag.
What you’ll need
1 glass of water
1 teaspoon flax seed
Pot and Stove
Oil of your choice
1. Add the flax seeds and water to a pan and boil over a low heat until they make a thick pulp mixture.
Flax seeds are known for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, owing to the fact that they are rich in alpha linoleic acid.
According to dermatologist Jeffrey Benabio, the fatty oils found in flax seed hydrates dry skin, leaving it supple, soft and youthful.
One of the fatty oils found in flax seed is omega-3, which is particularly beneficial for people with blemished and inflamed skin.
Louise Thomas-Minns, founder of uandyourskin, says omega-3 is "vital for defending the skin and for reducing inflammatory skin issues such as ageing, psoriasis, eczema and rosacea".
2. Cool until the mixture reaches room temperature.
3. Add the oil of your choice.
"Oils have been used for centuries by Ayurvedic practitioners to treat dry skin conditions. They are easily absorbed by the skin and contain a good source of vitamins and are known to accelerate healing," explains expert Renée Mann, from the Ayurvedic Practitioners Association.
She recommends almond oil as an anti-wrinkle treatment.
"Oils are a better alternative than mainstream skincare products as they are natural and are a much cheaper offering," she says.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed25% OFFAs low as £7.50 Regular Price £10.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)