Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Make your own very easy flax seed face mask
Christmas means a lot of things to a lot of different people, but for the average working woman, it most definitely means two things: looking as good as possible and spending a lot of money.
Looking good is a must around Christmas - with work parties to attend, family to impress and friends to wow.
To cut the spending part down to a minimum, why not make your own flax seed face mask?
Your face will be just as glowing for the Christmas party, without the expensive price tag.
What you’ll need
1 glass of water
1 teaspoon flax seed
Pot and Stove
Oil of your choice
1. Add the flax seeds and water to a pan and boil over a low heat until they make a thick pulp mixture.
Flax seeds are known for reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, owing to the fact that they are rich in alpha linoleic acid.
According to dermatologist Jeffrey Benabio, the fatty oils found in flax seed hydrates dry skin, leaving it supple, soft and youthful.
One of the fatty oils found in flax seed is omega-3, which is particularly beneficial for people with blemished and inflamed skin.
Louise Thomas-Minns, founder of uandyourskin, says omega-3 is "vital for defending the skin and for reducing inflammatory skin issues such as ageing, psoriasis, eczema and rosacea".
2. Cool until the mixture reaches room temperature.
3. Add the oil of your choice.
"Oils have been used for centuries by Ayurvedic practitioners to treat dry skin conditions. They are easily absorbed by the skin and contain a good source of vitamins and are known to accelerate healing," explains expert Renée Mann, from the Ayurvedic Practitioners Association.
She recommends almond oil as an anti-wrinkle treatment.
"Oils are a better alternative than mainstream skincare products as they are natural and are a much cheaper offering," she says.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy