Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Mediterranean Sweet Potatoes
Health & Wellbeing writer
This delicious recipe uses fresh simple ingredients that look, smell and taste amazing when combined. The sweet potato is a great source of vitamin C, potassium and iron. Their natural sugars are also released slowly into the blood stream, therefore ensuring you get a balanced source of long-lasting energy.
2 large organic sweet potatoes
2 cloves organic garlic
50g feta cheese
30g pitted olives
2 medium organic tomatoes, diced
1 handful fresh parsley
1 teaspoon dried oregano
½ teaspoon cumin
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or Fushi organic avocado oil
1.) Wash the sweet potatoes and cut in half, lengthways.
2.) Drizzle a tiny bit of olive oil on them and place on a baking tray.
3.) Use a knife to slice down the centre of each of the halves and place the garlic cloves in the gap.
4.) Roast in the oven at 180 degrees for 30 minutes, or until cooked and soft.
5.) Remove from the oven, then add in the chopped tomatoes, olives and feta.
6.) Put them back in the oven and roast for another 2-3 minutes to allow the cheese to soften. Remove, sprinkle with the spices, add fresh parsley and serve hot.
7.) You can experiment with different ingredients to fill the potatoes, adding extra spices, or serving with Greek yoghurt, tahini or hummus.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)