Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Men can gain great benefits from yoga
Both men and women enjoy the fantastic activity that is yoga, of course.
And over the years, a variety of male sports stars have talked about their experiences with this potentially beneficial activity that so many of us enjoy - potentially inspiring men to take it up in the process.
One of the most recent sports personalities to talk yoga is Darren Barker, the famous boxer, who the BBC reports has said: "I've incorporated yoga into my training. The flexibility and breathing awareness has really benefited me."
The sports star was speaking to radio station BBC London 94.9 in advance of a forthcoming important boxing match. He's set to fight for the prize of the IBF middleweight belt with fellow boxer Daniel Geale soon, at an event over in the US.
"I can't imagine seeing Sylvester Stallone doing a 'downward dog' in Rocky," the boxer has joked, referring to the famous boxer played by Stallone in several popular films.
He also quipped that, if he's successful in Saturday's match, "we might see everyone sitting on pink mats bending over backwards".
If you're a yoga fan, but the man in your life hasn't tried the activity, why not take on the task of showing him the benefits?
If you attend a mixed sex class, or the place you practice yoga holds classes for men, why not invite him along?
You could get even more out of the hobby if both of you are taking part, after all, and if the pair of you are yoga fans, you'll be able to help each other keep the activity up at home, too.
Presenting your man with his own mat from the extensive collection of yoga mats available could give him the motivation he needs to give this activity a go. And of course these mats are available in a variety of colours, not just feminine shades!
If the man in your life becomes a yoga fan, his range of yoga equipment could grow even larger. There are yoga-appropriate clothing options such as shorts on the market that he's sure to love.
We all know men can get very passionate about their hobbies when they get going, and yoga is no different!
Even if he's never thought of doing it before, we predict your man will love this activity, which could benefit his body.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?