Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Men can gain great benefits from yoga
Both men and women enjoy the fantastic activity that is yoga, of course.
And over the years, a variety of male sports stars have talked about their experiences with this potentially beneficial activity that so many of us enjoy - potentially inspiring men to take it up in the process.
One of the most recent sports personalities to talk yoga is Darren Barker, the famous boxer, who the BBC reports has said: "I've incorporated yoga into my training. The flexibility and breathing awareness has really benefited me."
The sports star was speaking to radio station BBC London 94.9 in advance of a forthcoming important boxing match. He's set to fight for the prize of the IBF middleweight belt with fellow boxer Daniel Geale soon, at an event over in the US.
"I can't imagine seeing Sylvester Stallone doing a 'downward dog' in Rocky," the boxer has joked, referring to the famous boxer played by Stallone in several popular films.
He also quipped that, if he's successful in Saturday's match, "we might see everyone sitting on pink mats bending over backwards".
If you're a yoga fan, but the man in your life hasn't tried the activity, why not take on the task of showing him the benefits?
If you attend a mixed sex class, or the place you practice yoga holds classes for men, why not invite him along?
You could get even more out of the hobby if both of you are taking part, after all, and if the pair of you are yoga fans, you'll be able to help each other keep the activity up at home, too.
Presenting your man with his own mat from the extensive collection of yoga mats available could give him the motivation he needs to give this activity a go. And of course these mats are available in a variety of colours, not just feminine shades!
If the man in your life becomes a yoga fan, his range of yoga equipment could grow even larger. There are yoga-appropriate clothing options such as shorts on the market that he's sure to love.
We all know men can get very passionate about their hobbies when they get going, and yoga is no different!
Even if he's never thought of doing it before, we predict your man will love this activity, which could benefit his body.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?