Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Milk Thistle may help reduce liver damage
A latest new article from Reuters Health NEW YORK (Reuters Health) reports on Milk Thistle, a herb used since ancient times to treat liver ailments.
The Reuters report writes that Milk Thistle may help reduce the liver damage caused by some cancer drugs, study published Monday suggests.
The study was carried out on 50 children undergoing chemotherapy for acute lymphoblastic leukemia (ALL), researchers found that Milk Thistle appeared to reduce treatment-related liver inflammation.
According to senior researcher Dr. Kara M. Kelly, a paediatric oncologist at Columbia University Medical Centre in New York, the findings are "promising"
Although this is the first clinical trial to test the herb in children undergoing chemotherapy for ALL, more research is needed.
Milk Thistle?s plant?s flowers and seeds have been used for centuries to treat liver disorder and the. In recent years, lab research has found that the active substance in milk thistle -- an antioxidant called silybin might help prevent body tissue damage by blocking toxins from breaching cell walls.
Please see link to read full article
- Immune Astragalus & Echinacea Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml20% OFFAs low as £16.01 Regular Price £20.00
- Breathe Elecampane & Liquorice Herbal Tincture Blend 100ml20% OFFAs low as £16.01 Regular Price £20.00
- Milk Thistle Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 Caps20% OFFAs low as £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Wholefood Iron, 60 Caps20% OFFSpecial Price £7.20 Regular Price £9.00
- Wholefood Potassium, 60 Caps20% OFFSpecial Price £6.41 Regular Price £8.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)