Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Mixed spring salad with coconut oil dressing recipe
With the weather getting a bit milder, you might find that a heavy meal leaves you feeling a bit sluggish. Rather than your filling winter warmer options, it is now the time to start turning to lighter, healthier meals.
A mixed spring salad is the perfect easy option for both lunch and dinner, and is also a very healthy choice. Whether you just have the vegetables of add a bit of protein - salmon or grilled chicken are great options - you’ll be sure to enjoy this tasty salad.
Feel free to add or remove any extra ingredients, as this recipe is dependent upon personal taste.
• A large handful of lettuce or salad greens
• One avocado
• One ripe tomato
• A handful of black olives
• One bell pepper
• A quarter of a cucumber
• 1/4 cup of coconut oil
• One teaspoon of balsamic vinegar - add more to taste if needed
• Three teaspoons of agave nectar
• The juice and zest of one lime
• Salt and pepper to taste
Start by preparing your dressing. This will allow the coconut oil to cool if you don’t want to use it warm.
Add all the dressing ingredients to a small pan and put on a low heat. Whisk the mixture until the oil has fully melted and all the ingredients are combined.
Taste the dressing and add salt and pepper to taste and any extra balsamic vinegar to achieve the flavour you want.
Set the dressing to one side while you prepare your salad.
Roughly cut your lettuce, if it is a prepackaged mix you may not need to do this. Remove the stone from the avocado, peel and chop into small cubes. Chop the tomato and pit the olives. Remove the seeds from the pepper and slice or cube.
Put all the vegetables in a bowl together and mix thoroughly. You might also want to add salt and pepper to season your salad.
Either put your dressing in the bowl and toss the salad to distribute the dressing evenly or dish up your salad and drizzle the dressing over the top.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy