Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Mixed spring salad with coconut oil dressing recipe
With the weather getting a bit milder, you might find that a heavy meal leaves you feeling a bit sluggish. Rather than your filling winter warmer options, it is now the time to start turning to lighter, healthier meals.
A mixed spring salad is the perfect easy option for both lunch and dinner, and is also a very healthy choice. Whether you just have the vegetables of add a bit of protein - salmon or grilled chicken are great options - you’ll be sure to enjoy this tasty salad.
Feel free to add or remove any extra ingredients, as this recipe is dependent upon personal taste.
• A large handful of lettuce or salad greens
• One avocado
• One ripe tomato
• A handful of black olives
• One bell pepper
• A quarter of a cucumber
• 1/4 cup of coconut oil
• One teaspoon of balsamic vinegar - add more to taste if needed
• Three teaspoons of agave nectar
• The juice and zest of one lime
• Salt and pepper to taste
Start by preparing your dressing. This will allow the coconut oil to cool if you don’t want to use it warm.
Add all the dressing ingredients to a small pan and put on a low heat. Whisk the mixture until the oil has fully melted and all the ingredients are combined.
Taste the dressing and add salt and pepper to taste and any extra balsamic vinegar to achieve the flavour you want.
Set the dressing to one side while you prepare your salad.
Roughly cut your lettuce, if it is a prepackaged mix you may not need to do this. Remove the stone from the avocado, peel and chop into small cubes. Chop the tomato and pit the olives. Remove the seeds from the pepper and slice or cube.
Put all the vegetables in a bowl together and mix thoroughly. You might also want to add salt and pepper to season your salad.
Either put your dressing in the bowl and toss the salad to distribute the dressing evenly or dish up your salad and drizzle the dressing over the top.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.