Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural beauty products ’good for sensitive skin’
Our skin tends to suffer breakouts and dry patches when we’re stressed or not eating very well, so why not try natural beauty products to soothe angry skin and get it feeling and looking hydrated again?
Ruth Styles, green living editor at The Ecologist, explained: "The main benefit of using organic products is that you know more or less exactly what you’re getting. No organic product will contain nasties such as parabens, white petrolatum and sulphates."
Most organic beauty products will also contain no traces of pesticides or other agrichemicals, which could be a godsend to those of us with skin that’s ready to flare up at the first sign of an irritant.
"Organic products tend to be better for sensitive skin, as some of the chemicals in conventional products can irritate it," Ms Styles added.
Meanwhile, research has found that women in their mid-twenties could be in need of a new skincare regime because many are suffering from adult acne due to stress.
Dermatologists at Nantes University Hospital revealed that high levels of stress can release male hormones in women, which leads to the pores becoming clogged with higher oil production. This in turn causes hard, painful lumps to form under the skin.
Dr Susannah Baron of Kent and Canterbury Hospital commented: "It’s time to re-evaluate who we think gets acne. It’s not recognised enough how much it affects the lives of adult women.
"For many, it kicks in in later life when they have to juggle families and careers at the same time. Many of the female patients I see also have stressful jobs and a lot to deal with. Interestingly, many of them did not have significant acne as a teenager," she added.
Natural skincare products could help to soothe angry skin and bring down inflammation caused by breakouts.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.