Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural remedies for aching joints
Every eventually starts feeling a bit achy and creaky in the joints and the cold weather really doesn't help if the problem has started setting in.
Whether through injury, age, or another reason, achy joints can be painful, uncomfortable and can reduce your ability to perform day-to-day tasks. However, there are natural remedies that can help to reduce the discomfort and ease your joints.
Black cumin is a great natural anti-inflammatory as it contains a number of antioxidants and flavonoids. This can help to reduce swelling in the joints and enable them to move more freely. It is also rich in salicylic acid, which works as a form of natural aspirin, helping to ease pain in your joints.
Many people find that it helps to reduce pain very quickly and so it is a good alternative to prescription medications if your joints are aching particularly badly at any point.
The spice can be taken in capsule form or it can be boiled in water and drunk twice daily to improve joint movement and reduce pain.
Evening primrose oil
This oil contains high amounts of gamma-linolenic acid, which has been shown in a number of studies to reduce joint pain when taken on a daily basis. It can also help to regulate hormones and improve the function of nerves, which can reduce a number of issues including migraines.
This is another spice that is particularly good for reducing aching joints. Turmeric includes some particularly powerful antioxidants, such as curcumin, which help to reduce inflammation in the joints, which can ease pain. Curcumin also helps to reduce demineralisation in the bones, which can also constitute to weak and painful joints.
Turmeric is particularly beneficial to those that suffer from aching joints as a result of rheumatoid arthritis, as it is a very effective pain reliever.
One of the easiest ways to take turmeric everyday is to mix it with black pepper and water. You can also add vegetable oil, which will help with its absorption.
Green tea is an easy natural remedy to take every day and is very simple to fit into your daily routine, benefitting your joints in the long run. The tea helps in the production of collagen, which helps to strengthen cartilage and is also beneficial for your skin.
Blueberries and strawberries should be introduced into your diet if you suffer from joint pain and stiffness. The 'Journal of the American College of Nutrition' found that these berries reduce the build-up of C-reactive proteins, which causes aching joints and inflammation.
The berries also contain high levels of certain antioxidants that are beneficial to reducing joint pain. Eating them on a regular basis may help to reduce any aching in your joints and improve movement.
Omega-3s that are found in fish oil are great anti-inflammatories, making them an effective supplement for those that suffer from rheumatoid arthritis. Several studies have found that taking fish oils every day can help to reduce joint inflammation and reduce pain. It is best to take them on a daily basis and to continue taking them every day to fully feel the benefits.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)