Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural remedies to tackle the bedtime tussle
There's nothing worse than lying awake at night, tossing and turning with the stresses of your day still in your head.
More than simply frustrating, a lack of sleep prohibits you from reaching your true potential the next day.
Tiredness makes you grumpier, less alert, and less able to perform at work.
Before reaching for chemical-filled sleep caplets, there are plenty of natural methods that you can try to help you get a relaxing and energising sleep.
Research has shown that the way to ensure an easy drop off is by having a scheduled sleep pattern.
Jessica Alexander of The Sleep Council, said: "The key to getting a good night's sleep is routine - keeping regular hours and going to bed and getting up at roughly the same every day. This will help to programme the body to sleep better."
Set yourself and your bedroom up for sleep at the same time every night. Try using a scented candle to promote relaxation and the feeling of lethargy.
Your daily exercise regime plays a role in how you sleep at night.
It tires the body out, leaving you calm and relaxed by night time.
"Exercise helps to surrender to sleep both physically and mentally," Steve Halsall, fitness expert says.
Yoga is an easy and effective way to exercise and relax. It is simple and comfortable - you can merely grab a yoga mat and perform the routine in the comfort of your own home.
Cut down on caffeine
Caffeine is a stimulant, and so keeps your mind and body ticking over, even when you may not want it to. Some researchers believe that caffeine can affect you even ten hours after you have consumed it!
That's not to say you need to avoid tea altogether - green and herbal teas are a brilliant winter warmer, without containing any of the negative stimulants of normal coffee and tea.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Wholefood CalmaidAs low as £13.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy