Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural treatment for eczema
As eczema becomes more common, more people are trying to find a natural treatment or natural cream for this itchy skin condition. Using natural remedies to help clear eczema will result in less harm to the skin, fewer side effects, and a feeling of greater control over your skin disorder.
Although the exact causes of eczema can sometimes be unclear, it is believed to result from a hyperactive response of our immune system to an irritant. Some people have a genetic tendency to develop allergies and who are additionally exposed to triggers like pollen, mites, fungi.ÿ Exposure to materials such as wool, certain cosmetics, certain foods, extremes of temperature may worsen the condition.
Herbs and oils that are known to ease eczema are:-
- Chickweed and Chamomile are both known to reduce itching and inflammation associated with eczema.
- Chickweed has Anti-pruritic properties, which means that it helps relieve sensation of itching or prevents it. Olive oil is also known as an anti pruritic and can be soothing as well as antiseptic on the skin.
- The renowned Calendula Petals are anti inflammatory, and particularly help with wound healing whilst protecting and nourishing irritated skin. Excellent for eczema and chapped skin conditions.
- Chamomile Essential Oil is anti-allergenic, anti-inflammatory and bactericidal. One of the most important uses of chamomile is in treating skin inflammations; its soothing properties ease eczema.
- Hempseed Oil Soothing is moisturising and anti-inflammatory and soothing for the skin.
All these natural and healing ingredients have been formulated in our top selling natural cream for Eczema, called Eczmaid.
A very healing ointment for itchy, dry and inflamed skin, Eczmaid is suitableÿ for both children
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.