Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural ways to alleviate a headache
Headaches are one of the most irritating types of pain. They're not enough to stop you from going into work or doing your everyday chores, but they completely upset your whole day.
They make you tired, frustrated, unable to focus and upset.
Women especially seem to be plagued with headaches. Stress from work is only amplified by the endless amounts of chores and family work at home.
Although the majority of people turn to tablets to alleviate their headache, the relief given from paracetamol and ibuprofen is often brief and the pain simply returns hours later.
If you want to avoid chemical solutions, there are many natural homeopathic remedies you can try to help get rid of your headache.
Good old water is almost always the answer to any physical ailment. However, with headaches more than any other pain, water can be the quickest, cheapest and easiest solution.
Headaches are often down to dehydration, so drinking plenty of it rehydrates your body and your brain, lessening the pain of the headache and restoring you back to your normal perky self!
A great way to stop a headache in its tracks is to ensure that you get plenty of water every day. This will severely reduce your chances of getting ill.
Cut out the caffeine
Although many people believe that the cause of their headaches is a lack of caffeine, what not many individuals know is that caffeine is actually a main cause of the frustrating pain.
If you need a cup of coffee or tea to get you out of bed in the morning, that could be the root of your problem.
Of course a warm drink is an absolute necessity as the nights get colder, but why not try a herbal tea or drink instead? Not only are these free of headache-inducing caffeine, they are also full of vitamins which will you keep you healthy and happy.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- Wholefood CalmaidAs low as £13.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.