Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural ways to alleviate period pain
For some ladies, the monthly plagues of menstrual cramps are more than just a mild irritant. Some women require time off work because of severe period pain - forced to endure frustrated days spent doubled over in bed. It’s easy to reach for a quick tablet alleging some instant cure, but there are plenty of natural remedies available that save us pennies, as well as keeping the pain at bay for longer.
Stretch it out
Period pains are caused by contractions of the uterus, and yoga is an easy way to calm these contractions. Different poses held for different lengths of time stretch the body and release tension. As well as being a muscle loosener, yoga helps to relax your mind – relieving any other stresses or tension.
Our good old friend omega-3 is back, and this time he’s here to stop period pains. Look for food and supplements rich with this little healer, as he’s known to reduce prostaglandin levels which contribute to the contraction of muscles. Alternatively, you can go straight for a supplement made solely with women in mind. Chaste tree is a bittersweet, slightly astringent herb that helps to support female hormonal functions – bringing an end to the pain in a natural way.
Fancy a brew?
Sipping hot tea is not just relaxing - it’s thought to have both cramp relieving and mood enhancing qualities! Normal tea is fine, but herbal teas are crammed full of antioxidants and vitamins that really help ease and alleviate menstrual cramps.
Ease the pain with massage
A multitude of massages can be used to alleviate menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome symptoms. Not only does massage calm you down, it works to ease the muscle tension collected in various parts of the body. Massage rollers are a particularly effective way of lessening the ache in your lower back.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy