Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural ways to alleviate period pain
For some ladies, the monthly plagues of menstrual cramps are more than just a mild irritant. Some women require time off work because of severe period pain - forced to endure frustrated days spent doubled over in bed. It’s easy to reach for a quick tablet alleging some instant cure, but there are plenty of natural remedies available that save us pennies, as well as keeping the pain at bay for longer.
Stretch it out
Period pains are caused by contractions of the uterus, and yoga is an easy way to calm these contractions. Different poses held for different lengths of time stretch the body and release tension. As well as being a muscle loosener, yoga helps to relax your mind – relieving any other stresses or tension.
Our good old friend omega-3 is back, and this time he’s here to stop period pains. Look for food and supplements rich with this little healer, as he’s known to reduce prostaglandin levels which contribute to the contraction of muscles. Alternatively, you can go straight for a supplement made solely with women in mind. Chaste tree is a bittersweet, slightly astringent herb that helps to support female hormonal functions – bringing an end to the pain in a natural way.
Fancy a brew?
Sipping hot tea is not just relaxing - it’s thought to have both cramp relieving and mood enhancing qualities! Normal tea is fine, but herbal teas are crammed full of antioxidants and vitamins that really help ease and alleviate menstrual cramps.
Ease the pain with massage
A multitude of massages can be used to alleviate menstrual cramps and premenstrual syndrome symptoms. Not only does massage calm you down, it works to ease the muscle tension collected in various parts of the body. Massage rollers are a particularly effective way of lessening the ache in your lower back.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Goji Berry Superfood Powder30% OFFAs low as £7.70 Regular Price £11.00
- Saw Palmetto Berry Organic Tincture 100ml25% OFFAs low as £12.00 Regular Price £16.00
- Best Superfood Berry Blend25% OFFAs low as £19.50 Regular Price £26.00
- Tea Tree Organic Essential Oil 5mlAs low as £5.00
- Juniper Berry Organic Essential Oil 5ml25% OFFAs low as £8.26 Regular Price £11.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)