Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural ways to improve sleep and reduce stress
A poor night’s sleep and an inability to cope with stress usually go hand-in-hand, so it is important to find ways to combat both.
Natural remedies are a great way to do this and there are plenty of therapies and herbal oils out there that can really help.
Meditation is a really great way to fight stress and prepare the body for a restful night’s sleep.
Jillian Lavender, director at LondonMeditationCentre.com, explained: "In just a few minutes of meditating, oxygen metabolism drops to a level that is many times deeper than the deepest point in a night’s sleep.
"This profound rest creates the conditions for deep rooted stress and fatigue to be released from the body. Then when we go to bed at night our sleep can be more restful."
According to Ms Lavender, this occurs because the normal purification process that takes place during sleep has occurred through meditation, giving the body the chance to relax. By combating tiredness, individuals are better placed to deal with daily stresses.
Yoga is a great way to help restore the body’s balance, which can help people give more appropriate responses to stress, Charlotte Watts, a nutritional therapist, yoga teacher and co-author of The De-Stress Diet (www.de-stressyourlife.com), explained.
Doing this exercise can calm the nervous system, thereby relieving tension, headaches and muscle pains, which all prevent the body from sleeping.
However, many people feel intimated joining a class but there are plenty of yoga for beginners sessions that are a great introduction to the exercise.
Herbal remedies are a brilliant way to stop the symptoms of stress and improve sleep. Whether burnt through incense or taken via a drink, it is worth checking to see what’s out there.
Lavender is known to help calm the body and burning a candle with the scent while having a nice warm bath is incredibly relaxing.
Saint John’s Wort, also known as Hypericum, is also used to combat stress. It also has antiseptic properties, which are beneficial when treating burns or sores.
Alternatively, try a Valerian & Passion Flower Herbal Drink, which is designed to calm the nervous system and facilitates a good night’s sleep.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Wholefood CalmaidAs low as £13.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy