Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural ways to improve your sex drive
Do you feel like your sex drive isn't what it used to be?
If so, you're not alone.
Women of all ages can be affected by a low sex drive, with reasons ranging from the menopause to stress.
Despite a low libido being a completely natural occurrence, it can make some women feel ashamed, isolated and frustrated.
Before reaching for medical remedies to the problem, try these natural ways to improve your sex drive.
A tired and un-stimulated brain and body is less likely to want to have sex.
"A body that is stressed doesn't necessarily want to roll about in the sheets. De-stressing and feeling comfortable in your body is incredibly important in keeping a healthy sex drive," Charlotte Watts, nutritional therapist explains.
Yoga is the perfect way to arouse your body and mind - helping you feel physically fit, as well as de-stressing your brain.
It's a really quick fix as well, as you can simply whip out your yoga mat and channel your inner 'zen' there and then.
So long smoking (and wine..)
Smoking and excessive drinking have been known to have a detrimental affect on blood flow to the sexual organs.
Although a glass of wine may be the perfect companion to calm first date nerves, it may be best just to keep it to one or two.
If wine is your bed-time vice, why not try instead a herbal tea? It's a great substitute for the warm comfort wine gives, as well as being jam packed with nutrients that just make our skin glow!
Relieve the pressure
The most important thing is to remember not to put too much pressure on yourself. Low sex drive is a problem that is common among women and can affect any person at any time.
"The most important thing is to understand what's caused it in terms of being able to overcome it and recognising that ups and downs are normal," sex therapist Paula Hall explains.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)