Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural ways to stop snoring
Snoring affects many men and women in the UK.
Not only can it be irritating and uncomfortable, for many couples the problem is enough to force them to sleep is separate bedrooms.
This can be incredibly disruptive to a relationship - affecting intimacy, confidence and sex life.
It can make the person snoring feel embarrassed and guilty for something they have no control over. The partner may feel irritated and anxious about their lack of sleep.
There are some simple natural tips that can help stop snoring.
Changing your sleep position
Although it is difficult to change a lifetime habit of sleeping in a certain way, it is thought that sleep position has the biggest effect on the level of snoring.
Many people have found that sleeping on their side reduces the amount they snore - for the majority of individuals it completely stops them snoring.
Sleeping on your back is the main cause of snoring as the base of your tongue and soft palate move to the back of your mouth. This causes a vibration.
Although slim people can snore as well, people who are overweight are more likely to snore.
Of course the way to lose those extra pounds is by exercising more and eating more healthily.
A simple and effective exercise that helps you lose weight without the pain is yoga.
Avoid alcohol and tobacco
Both of these vices have been known to increase noise levels at bed time.
Alcohol in particular is a sedative which reduces the resting tone of the muscles in the back of your throat. When you’ve drank a few hours before sleeping, you are far more likely to snore.
Of course, many individuals love a bed time drink. Instead of reaching for the wine, try a relaxing herbal tea.
As well as stopping snoring, these drinks have been developed to treat and assist with a vast array of other conditions.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.