Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Natural ways to stop snoring
Snoring affects many men and women in the UK.
Not only can it be irritating and uncomfortable, for many couples the problem is enough to force them to sleep is separate bedrooms.
This can be incredibly disruptive to a relationship - affecting intimacy, confidence and sex life.
It can make the person snoring feel embarrassed and guilty for something they have no control over. The partner may feel irritated and anxious about their lack of sleep.
There are some simple natural tips that can help stop snoring.
Changing your sleep position
Although it is difficult to change a lifetime habit of sleeping in a certain way, it is thought that sleep position has the biggest effect on the level of snoring.
Many people have found that sleeping on their side reduces the amount they snore - for the majority of individuals it completely stops them snoring.
Sleeping on your back is the main cause of snoring as the base of your tongue and soft palate move to the back of your mouth. This causes a vibration.
Although slim people can snore as well, people who are overweight are more likely to snore.
Of course the way to lose those extra pounds is by exercising more and eating more healthily.
A simple and effective exercise that helps you lose weight without the pain is yoga.
Avoid alcohol and tobacco
Both of these vices have been known to increase noise levels at bed time.
Alcohol in particular is a sedative which reduces the resting tone of the muscles in the back of your throat. When you’ve drank a few hours before sleeping, you are far more likely to snore.
Of course, many individuals love a bed time drink. Instead of reaching for the wine, try a relaxing herbal tea.
As well as stopping snoring, these drinks have been developed to treat and assist with a vast array of other conditions.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy