Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Night before pre-party preparations
With Christmas parties coming up all over the shop, you want absolutely nothing to stand in the way of you looking as beautiful as possible.
It always seems the way, however, that the day that you have to look your best, you wake up with a spot, tired eyes or puffiness.
To beat the blemishes in their tracks, prepare the night before.
To ensure that your hair is as shiny and glossy as can be, apply hair oil the night before your party.
Applying coconut oil overnight is especially beneficial as it contains calcium, iron, magnesium, and potassium - substances which help repair damaged hair and strengthen it.
Remember to shampoo it out the next morning though, as although it smells lovely, it can make hair look a little greasy.
Nourish your insides
Looking good on the outside is all about what you put in the inside.
Avoid fry-ups the day before, and instead have plenty of water to ensure that your skin looks hydrated and fresh.
Get yourself nice and relaxed the night before with a bath. A good night's sleep will show in your face.
However, as soon as you get out of the bath, remember to moisturise, as showers and baths deplete our skin of natural moisture.
Round off the experience with a cup of peppermint tea and honey to help digestion - ensuring that you look as slim as possible.
Make sure that you get plenty of sleep the night before to avoid bags and dark circles under the eyes.
Do a bit of exercise in the day to ensure that you get to sleep well. A gentle bit of yoga before bed is a favourite for a good night's sleep.
The night before, remember to take off all your make-up before bed. This will stop your skin from drying out overnight.
Invest in a good overnight moisturiser to get your skin completely party ready.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed50% OFFAs low as £3.00 Regular Price £6.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks