Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Nikki's Carrot, Courgette and Brazil Nut Breakfast Loaf
Delicious coconutty wholesome loaf spiced lightly and with a healthy dose of vegetables
By Nicole Gooding
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 15 mins
160ml of Fushi coconut oil
120g of carrot, peeled and grated
120g of courgette, grated
110g of coconut flour
½ tsp of gluten free baking powder
50g of brazil nuts, finely chopped
40g of pumpkin seeds, finely chopped
(nuts and seeds can also be blitzed together in a food processor - this is much faster if you have this equipment)
150g of rapadura or coconut sugar
1/2 tsp of mixed spice
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160C fan assisted (310F).
- Oil and flour a 13 x 23cm loaf tin or you can also use a 23cm spring form or other round cake tin.
- Grate courgette and carrots and roll in kitchen towel to remove excess liquid. Place to one side.
- Finely chop or blitz Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and place to one side.
- In a large bowel beat the eggs, then add the sugar and oil and beat till light and airy.
- Add the grated veg and nuts and seeds and mix together thoroughly.
- Sift the flour and spices together and add to the egg mixture gradually using a metal spoon.
- Make sure all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf or cake tin you prepared earlier.
- Bake in the oven for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and allow to cool for 5-10mins before removing from the cake tin.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Serve it up and enjoy!