Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Nikki’s Carrot, Courgette and Brazil Nut Breakfast Loaf
Delicious coconutty wholesome loaf spiced lightly and with a healthy dose of vegetables
By Nicole Gooding
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 15 mins
160ml of Fushi coconut oil
120g of carrot, peeled and grated
120g of courgette, grated
110g of coconut flour
½ tsp of gluten free baking powder
50g of brazil nuts, finely chopped
40g of pumpkin seeds, finely chopped
(nuts and seeds can also be blitzed together in a food processor - this is much faster if you have this equipment)
150g of rapadura or coconut sugar
1/2 tsp of mixed spice
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160C fan assisted (310F).
- Oil and flour a 13 x 23cm loaf tin or you can also use a 23cm spring form or other round cake tin.
- Grate courgette and carrots and roll in kitchen towel to remove excess liquid. Place to one side.
- Finely chop or blitz Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and place to one side.
- In a large bowel beat the eggs, then add the sugar and oil and beat till light and airy.
- Add the grated veg and nuts and seeds and mix together thoroughly.
- Sift the flour and spices together and add to the egg mixture gradually using a metal spoon.
- Make sure all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf or cake tin you prepared earlier.
- Bake in the oven for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and allow to cool for 5-10mins before removing from the cake tin.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Serve it up and enjoy!
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)