Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Nikki’s Carrot, Courgette and Brazil Nut Breakfast Loaf
Delicious coconutty wholesome loaf spiced lightly and with a healthy dose of vegetables
By Nicole Gooding
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 15 mins
160ml of Fushi coconut oil
120g of carrot, peeled and grated
120g of courgette, grated
110g of coconut flour
½ tsp of gluten free baking powder
50g of brazil nuts, finely chopped
40g of pumpkin seeds, finely chopped
(nuts and seeds can also be blitzed together in a food processor - this is much faster if you have this equipment)
150g of rapadura or coconut sugar
1/2 tsp of mixed spice
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160C fan assisted (310F).
- Oil and flour a 13 x 23cm loaf tin or you can also use a 23cm spring form or other round cake tin.
- Grate courgette and carrots and roll in kitchen towel to remove excess liquid. Place to one side.
- Finely chop or blitz Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and place to one side.
- In a large bowel beat the eggs, then add the sugar and oil and beat till light and airy.
- Add the grated veg and nuts and seeds and mix together thoroughly.
- Sift the flour and spices together and add to the egg mixture gradually using a metal spoon.
- Make sure all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf or cake tin you prepared earlier.
- Bake in the oven for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and allow to cool for 5-10mins before removing from the cake tin.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Serve it up and enjoy!
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.