Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Nikki’s Carrot, Courgette and Brazil Nut Breakfast Loaf
Delicious coconutty wholesome loaf spiced lightly and with a healthy dose of vegetables
By Nicole Gooding
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 15 mins
160ml of Fushi coconut oil
120g of carrot, peeled and grated
120g of courgette, grated
110g of coconut flour
½ tsp of gluten free baking powder
50g of brazil nuts, finely chopped
40g of pumpkin seeds, finely chopped
(nuts and seeds can also be blitzed together in a food processor - this is much faster if you have this equipment)
150g of rapadura or coconut sugar
1/2 tsp of mixed spice
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160C fan assisted (310F).
- Oil and flour a 13 x 23cm loaf tin or you can also use a 23cm spring form or other round cake tin.
- Grate courgette and carrots and roll in kitchen towel to remove excess liquid. Place to one side.
- Finely chop or blitz Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and place to one side.
- In a large bowel beat the eggs, then add the sugar and oil and beat till light and airy.
- Add the grated veg and nuts and seeds and mix together thoroughly.
- Sift the flour and spices together and add to the egg mixture gradually using a metal spoon.
- Make sure all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf or cake tin you prepared earlier.
- Bake in the oven for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and allow to cool for 5-10mins before removing from the cake tin.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Serve it up and enjoy!
- Carrot Oil for Face Thank you for your message. Cold pressed carrot oil protects and preserves the nutrients of the carrots. Since the cold press presses the produce to extract the oil, no heat is involved. ... You get 100% of the vitamins, minerals, enzymes, and nutrients when you apply cold pressed oil on your face. Frying grated carrots which involves heat and oil will remove some of those nutrients. Hope this helps.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyVery well written article indeed. Thank you for elaborating on so many levels and aspects of it.
- Carrot Oil for Face hello there, must i used only cold-pressed carrot oil on my face? Does frying the grated carrots in coconut oil still maintain the nutrients necessary for the face?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Dear Rose, Thank you for your message. You can mix equal amounts of Pomegranate seed oil and Rosehip oil.You can add 3-4 drops from each, mix and apply on your face. Hope this helps.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hello Fushi, could you Kindly advise exactly how many drops of oil should I use to mix to mix pomegranate and rosehip oil?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hello Asma, Thank you for your message. Being a carrier oil, Pomegranate oil is safe to apply on the skin without dilution. However, because of its richness it is often used at dilutions of approximately 5-15% in skincare formulations. Combining Rosehip oil and pomegranate oil will give you a deeply nourishing blend of particularly antioxidant- and vitamin rich oils. It may also support scars, wrinkles and premature ageing. Hope this helps.