Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Nikki’s Carrot, Courgette and Brazil Nut Breakfast Loaf
Delicious coconutty wholesome loaf spiced lightly and with a healthy dose of vegetables
By Nicole Gooding
Preparation Time: 40 minutes
Cooking time: 1 hour and 15 mins
160ml of Fushi coconut oil
120g of carrot, peeled and grated
120g of courgette, grated
110g of coconut flour
½ tsp of gluten free baking powder
50g of brazil nuts, finely chopped
40g of pumpkin seeds, finely chopped
(nuts and seeds can also be blitzed together in a food processor - this is much faster if you have this equipment)
150g of rapadura or coconut sugar
1/2 tsp of mixed spice
1 tsp of ground cinnamon
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 160C fan assisted (310F).
- Oil and flour a 13 x 23cm loaf tin or you can also use a 23cm spring form or other round cake tin.
- Grate courgette and carrots and roll in kitchen towel to remove excess liquid. Place to one side.
- Finely chop or blitz Brazil nuts and pumpkin seeds in a food processor and place to one side.
- In a large bowel beat the eggs, then add the sugar and oil and beat till light and airy.
- Add the grated veg and nuts and seeds and mix together thoroughly.
- Sift the flour and spices together and add to the egg mixture gradually using a metal spoon.
- Make sure all ingredients are mixed together well.
- Pour the mixture into the loaf or cake tin you prepared earlier.
- Bake in the oven for 1 - 1 1/4 hours.
- Take the loaf out of the oven and allow to cool for 5-10mins before removing from the cake tin.
- Cool on wire rack before serving.
- Serve it up and enjoy!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks