Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Non-damaging ways to straighten hair
Everyone wants smooth, sleek and kink-free hair, but it can come at a cost.
Hair-dryers and straighteners can damage your hair, making it brittle and dry. Excessive use of heated irons can cause your hair to break, making it frizzy and unmanageable - most definitely not the look that you're going for.
Although there are no real ways to completely eradicate those curls without the use of straighteners, there are some natural methods you can try that won't damage your hair.
This sweet-smelling little oil is a woman's best friend for a number of reasons, ranging from maintenance of cholesterol levels to moisturising dry skin.
Another feminine-friendly use of coconut oil is natural hair straightening. It is thought that it discourages curling, and instead calms and tames the kinks and gives you a much sleeker look.
The oil is especially beneficial to those with particularly dry or coarse hair. Its moisture-rich features allow it to seriously calm down stubborn locks.
A great tip is to massage coconut oil into your hair before bed time, leave it while you sleep and wake up to see the frizz-free results.
It is also thought that milk can help make your hair as straight as possible, without the heat damage.
Spray milk onto your hair (fill about a third of a spray bottle with pure milk), while it is dry and unclean.
Take a shower, doing everything as normal. Shampoo and conditioner your hair, then simply wait to see the results.
Milk works to varying degrees depending on the curliness of your hair.
Although omega 3 is not known to actually straighten hair, its fatty compounds do make it great at calming down troublesome hair and giving it that extra shine.
It adds sheen and elasticity to your hair, as well as nourishing hair follicles. This helps to regenerate growth of hair that has already been damaged by heat.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml£18.00
- Skin, Hair & Nails Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Vickie, This is only if you're making your own carrot oil. You do not need to do that with our carrot oil. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello Offor, Thank you for your message. Yes, that's fine. It will make a great moisturising and nourishing body butter. Hope this helps :)
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Tope, Thank you for your message. Carrot oil lightens the dark spots and helps to heal the scars. It is effective for numerous skin issues: psoriasis, eczema, itching... You can combine it with other essential oils, for example, Rosemary, lemon, lavender, lime, orange, bergamot, etc. Carrot seed oil is great for skin lightening itself, it is very effective. However, you can also always mix carrot seed oil with a cold-pressed carrier oil like sweet almond oil or coconut oil. Hope this helps. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenWonderful information
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi,I saw a post where it is required to sun dry your grated carrot oil in order to remove moisture,Is this advisable?
- Carrot Oil for Face Please is it advisable to mix the carrot oil, Shea butter and coconut oil together for the skin