Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Nutrients That Calm Down The Nervous System
Sleeping pills are not always the answer for sleeping problems. Instead relying on pills or taking unnecessary night caps, try some supplements or herbs that have a calming effect half an hour to an hour before bedtime. Supplements for sleep and stress help relax the mind and body whilst replenishing the nervous system to help improve sleep quality.
There are several popular nutrients including vitamins that can be helpful, these include:- Magnesium, magnesium deficiency is responsible for nervousness that prevents sleep.
|ÿ||Magnesium-rich foods include kelp, wheat bran, almonds, cashews, blackstrap molasses, and brewer’s yeast. The lack of calcium and magnesium can cause leg cramps during the night. Calcium and magnesium produce calming effects on the brain. They are essential for normal sleep. Calcium and magnesium taken 45 minutes before bedtime have a tranquilizing effect. |
Tryptophan is an amino acid required to make serotonin which is essential for maintaining and stabilising mood. In the brain, tryptophan is converted into serotonin, a natural sleep-inducing chemical. It also enhances the brain’s ability to produce melatonin, the hormone that regulates your body’s natural inner clock.
L-Taurine is an amino acid found within the body that is manufactured by other amino acids. L-Taurine supplement functions as a neuro-inhibitory transmitter, has a calming effect on the brain. It is also a potent antioxidant protecting the brain from free radicals.
Choline is another essential ingredient needed for the efficient transmission of nerve impulses from the nerve endings to the target organ. Choline may be helpful in reducing sleep problems. The stimulation barrier of the brain is increased. It helps the brain to filter out minor noises. Choline is usually grouped with the B complex vitamins. Inositol is found in Vitamin B complex and is used in the body’s cell membranes.
Inositol is said to have a calming effect on the nervous system and is therefore being studied for a possible treatment for nerve related illnesses. It is also thought to be useful as a sleep aid.
The B vitamins are known to have a sedative effect on the nerves. Vitamin B6 can help to prevent insomnia. Vitamin B12 is another important supplement for treating insomnia. Vitamin B5 is good for relieving stress. The best food sources of the B vitamins are liver, whole grains, wheat germ, tuna, walnuts, peanuts, bananas, sunflower seeds, and blackstrap molasses.
|ÿ||Herbs like lemon balm, passion flower, chamomile, magnolia and valerian root are also known to benefit and particularly help in relaxation as they have sedative qualities.|
Fushi?s Calmaid contains all of the above ingredients, vitamins and nutrients and is perfect for stressful days and doxy listless nights. Taken half an hour before bed time, thye supplement is also helpful for the sleep wake cycle and when suffering from jet lag from constant long haul flights.
- Passion Flower Organic Tincture 100mlAs low as £11.00
- Valerian Organic Tincture 100mlAs low as £14.00
- Ashwagandha Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 CapsAs low as £8.00
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage