Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Oil insights: Manketti seed oil
People often wonder where beauty oils come from, and of course it varies from one oil to the next.
Argan oil, for example, comes from a type of Moroccan tree, or more specifically its kernels. Rosehip oil, on the other hand, is sourced from the rose fruit, the rose hip, and is made from this fruit's seeds.
Coconut oil is an easy one to guess, and comes from coconut fruit, just as its name implies.
So what of Manketti seed oil? The name of this splendid oil may not conjure up the image of a plant you know well - like a rose bush or a coconut tree - in the same way that some of the brilliant oils mentioned above do.
It's unlikely that you'll find one living in your garden, but the manketti tree helps in the creation of this natural beauty product. It also has another name which is wonderfully pleasant to say: the mongongo tree. It sounds fantastic - and fantastic is certainly a word that could describe the natural oil it produces.
Here are some interesting insights into the manketti tree: It grows in Africa, where people eat the tree's fruit, which is shaped a little like an egg. This leafy tree's fruit is sometimes called the mongongo nut, and it's from this fruit that Manketti Oil is sourced. Cold press the nut part of this fruit and out comes this exciting oil.
How this oil can be used
This oil can be used on your skin, by rubbing a small amount of the deep brown emollient liquid into the surface. Here at Fushi, we've recommended using several drops in the moisturiser that you use each day.
What it has inside it
Vitamin fans will be pleased to hear that Manketti Oil contains Vitamin E, while this exciting product also has linolenic acid inside.
How it could help
People think that this oil has restructuring abilities, that it can be hydrating and that it can be regenerative.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks