Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Oil insights: Manketti seed oil
People often wonder where beauty oils come from, and of course it varies from one oil to the next.
Argan oil, for example, comes from a type of Moroccan tree, or more specifically its kernels. Rosehip oil, on the other hand, is sourced from the rose fruit, the rose hip, and is made from this fruit's seeds.
Coconut oil is an easy one to guess, and comes from coconut fruit, just as its name implies.
So what of Manketti seed oil? The name of this splendid oil may not conjure up the image of a plant you know well - like a rose bush or a coconut tree - in the same way that some of the brilliant oils mentioned above do.
It's unlikely that you'll find one living in your garden, but the manketti tree helps in the creation of this natural beauty product. It also has another name which is wonderfully pleasant to say: the mongongo tree. It sounds fantastic - and fantastic is certainly a word that could describe the natural oil it produces.
Here are some interesting insights into the manketti tree: It grows in Africa, where people eat the tree's fruit, which is shaped a little like an egg. This leafy tree's fruit is sometimes called the mongongo nut, and it's from this fruit that Manketti Oil is sourced. Cold press the nut part of this fruit and out comes this exciting oil.
How this oil can be used
This oil can be used on your skin, by rubbing a small amount of the deep brown emollient liquid into the surface. Here at Fushi, we've recommended using several drops in the moisturiser that you use each day.
What it has inside it
Vitamin fans will be pleased to hear that Manketti Oil contains Vitamin E, while this exciting product also has linolenic acid inside.
How it could help
People think that this oil has restructuring abilities, that it can be hydrating and that it can be regenerative.
- Fenugreek Seed Capsules, Organic Organic-ground®, 60 Caps50% OFFSpecial Price £4.01 Regular Price £8.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.