Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Oils Good for Massage and Nourishing for the Skin
A good massage oil is most important to feel the full benefits of a therapeutic massage. Besides the added benefit of moisturising and toning the skin a good massage oil will help you glide over the skin easily and knead those tired aching muscles much more effectively.
There are so many wonderful massage oils available, such as Jojoba oil, Rosehip Seed Oil, Grape Seed oil, Sesame Seed oil, Sweet Almond Oil, Avocado oil and others. This can sometimes make it quite confusing to choose one, especially when selecting an oil to massage your friends and family at home. Even the scent you choose, the ingredients included will all give different benefits and make your massage that much more customised, fun and therapeutic at the same time.
- Sweet Almond oil is one of the most commonly used massage oils, as it is quite long lasting, moisturising and rich in vitamin E. It It is is a superb moisturiser, and can be used for most skin types making it a suitable base oil for massage.
- Jojoba oil is a great oil for massage and deep moisturisation as it is most easily absorbed by the skin and has a very long shelf life, so a good choice when you do not use it regularly. It is also hypoallergenic and therefore suitable for most skin types. Jojoba oil is one of the oils in most closely emulates the skin’s natural oil which is sebum, which is why it is used in many cosmetic products.
- Rosehip Seed oil, now this one is a hidden gem, with not many people aware of its many great anti aging properties. Known to reduce scarring, stretch marks as well as wrinkles, Rose hip Seed oil is great massage oil for both the face and the body. It is also known to be effective in rejuvenating sun damaged skin and generally help repair skin damage.
Grape Seed oil is idea for quick massage as it is not very greasy, has a smooth silky consistency and is almost odourless. It is also an inexpensive oil making it a popular choice with some therapists.
Other great oils are Coconut oil, deeply nourishing rich in antioxidants, Avocado oil, again very rich in Vitamin E and Sesame Seed oil which is also very nourishing and a top favourite in Ayurveda.
Well with all these wonderful oils, it can all still be a bit confusing as to which one to use. This is why Fushi has developed an blend of 6 different oils to let you enjoy and reap the therapeutic benefits of more then one oil when you massage yourself or others.Fushi Body Hands and Feet treatment oil ÿis made with a blend of the finest botanical organic oils which include Sweet Almond, Rosehip, Grape leaf, Shea Butter and Borage oil for the perfectly nourishing, anti aging and moisturising blend. Add your favourite essential oils to suit the mood you are feeling. You can add the divine Rose essential oil to uplift the mood, Chamomile to induce and relax while Jasmine for that exotic and stimulating sensation! So go ahead and enjoy the pleasures of massage!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks