Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Nutritional oils for health
Natural oils are full of goodness for the body, inside and out. Some can be used for medicinal purposes, others to rejuvenate the skin and hair.
Different oils come with their own unique properties, some can replace the nutrients bodies cannot produce if people are following a vegetarian or vegan diet. Others can be used to help with relaxation when the oil is massaged into the skin.
Many have been used for centuries as gifts, remedies for illness and injury and to protect the body from harsh environments.
There are plenty of oils out there, all you need to do is try them out and see which is suitable for your needs.
Here are some wonderful oils, which come with a host of benefits that may be exactly what you are looking for.
Coconut oil has a relatively high smoking point of 232°C, compared to 199°C of olive oil. There are many natural benefits to using this organic liquid, including improving the skin and hair.
It is also a stress reliever and can be massaged into the skin, either by yourself or your partner and the power of the oil will make your tension melt away.
The oil can work wonders for the inside of the body as well as the outside. It can encourage proper digestion to help with bloating and cramps. It can also aid weight loss as it can improve the metabolism. Coconut oil has other medicinal benefits, it can treat those with high blood pressure and enhance the strength of people’s bones.
It contains lauric, capirc and caprylic acids which are beneficial because they act as antimicrobials, antioxidants, antifungals and antibacterials.
Flaxseed is not a cooking oil, but can be used as a salad dressing or blended in with a smoothie.
It is considered to be a rich source of healing compounds, including essential fatty acids (EFAs). These are crucial to our wellbeing, but our bodies can’t produce them on their own. Once in our systems, EFAs work their way through to protect cell membranes, which allows them to keep working efficiently. Flaxseed oil is a good vegetarian source of Omega 3 and therefore a popular choice for vegetarians and vegans
Ghee clarified butter
Ghee clarified butter has a smoking point of 252°C, much higher than that of coconut or flaxseed oil.
For centuries, Ghee clarified butter has been revered by Ayurveda - the ancient medical science of India. It is deemed as a vital element of a balanced diet as it promotes the healthy running of the body. In addition, it can soften, nourish and strengthen the skin.
It really is a multi-purpose lotion that contains EFAs that are essential for nerves and cells to work efficiently. Ghee clarified butter is filled with anti-oxidants that help the body absorb vitamins and minerals that are found in the food we eat.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.