Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Organic beauty products ’popular because of concerns about harsh chemicals’
The popularity of organic beauty products has grown in part because of concerns over the presence of harsh chemicals in many cleansers, toners and moisturisers.
This is the opinion of freelance beauty editor Zara Stone Rabinowicz, who pointed out: "Organic skincare has been on people's radar for some time now, with many people choosing to go the natural route as they are worried about what they are using in their skincare.
"Recent stories about toxic ingredients in some beauty products - like nail varnish and the Keratin blow dry - have made people more likely to go the organic route," she noted.
While not everyone will find switching to natural beauty products improves their complexion, those with easily irritated skin are most likely to benefit.
"People with sensitive skin may find organic products kinder on their skin, but for the most part, the benefits are all in the individual products themselves and can't be classed as a whole," Zara added.
And with Earth Day being held around the world this Sunday (April 22nd), what could be better than to ditch the products that make your skin flare up and instead opt for cleansers containing naturally derived ingredients that don't have such a damaging effect on the environment as artificially created chemicals?
If you're feeling generous, you could treat a friend to eco-friendly gifts in the form of organic skincare products. Fushi's cold pressed coconut oil is fair trade and sourced from micro community projects in Samoa, as well as being certified organic by the Soil Association.
Meanwhile, research from the Fairtrade Foundation last month revealed that women in the UK are more likely than men to invest in ethical products, with a survey finding 63 per cent of females believe strongly in the principles of fair trade and other ethical issues.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy