Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Organic beauty products ’popular because of concerns about harsh chemicals’
The popularity of organic beauty products has grown in part because of concerns over the presence of harsh chemicals in many cleansers, toners and moisturisers.
This is the opinion of freelance beauty editor Zara Stone Rabinowicz, who pointed out: "Organic skincare has been on people's radar for some time now, with many people choosing to go the natural route as they are worried about what they are using in their skincare.
"Recent stories about toxic ingredients in some beauty products - like nail varnish and the Keratin blow dry - have made people more likely to go the organic route," she noted.
While not everyone will find switching to natural beauty products improves their complexion, those with easily irritated skin are most likely to benefit.
"People with sensitive skin may find organic products kinder on their skin, but for the most part, the benefits are all in the individual products themselves and can't be classed as a whole," Zara added.
And with Earth Day being held around the world this Sunday (April 22nd), what could be better than to ditch the products that make your skin flare up and instead opt for cleansers containing naturally derived ingredients that don't have such a damaging effect on the environment as artificially created chemicals?
If you're feeling generous, you could treat a friend to eco-friendly gifts in the form of organic skincare products. Fushi's cold pressed coconut oil is fair trade and sourced from micro community projects in Samoa, as well as being certified organic by the Soil Association.
Meanwhile, research from the Fairtrade Foundation last month revealed that women in the UK are more likely than men to invest in ethical products, with a survey finding 63 per cent of females believe strongly in the principles of fair trade and other ethical issues.
Posted by Laura Andrews
- De-stress Skullcap & Lemon Balm Herbal Tincture Blend 100mlAs low as £20.00
- Wholefood Beauty Totale for Skin Hair Nails and UV protectionAs low as £16.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)