Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Organic Castor Oil
Castor oil has been used medicinally for about 4,000 years and the castor bean plant is cultivated in hot climates around the world, especially Africa, southern Asia and South America.
The plant has large, palm-shaped leaves, green flowers, and prickly red seed capsules. These seeds are gathered throughout the year when nearly ripe and put out into the sun to mature. Castor oil is made by cold pressing these seeds and is renowned for its health benefits for digestive health.
Background of where our Castor oil is sourced from
Fushi’s organic Castor oil is sourced from South America from sustainable grower projects. It is certified organic by the Soil Association. The oil is extracted by mechanical cold pressing of the Castor seeds to produce a yellow to light brown odourless oil.
Health Benefits of Castor oil
As an alternative remedy, castor oil is a very effective laxative. It provides temporary relief for constipation and help maintain digestive health.
Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, which has anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. It provides treatment for minor cuts, burns, abrasions, sunburn and is known to help with skin disorders such as acne and eczema.
Aside from these, one of the benefits of castor oil is in skin conditioning. It serves as a natural emollient, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin that hydrates and moisturises the skin. It treats wrinkles, repairing and rejuvenating the skin to make it look flawless and smoother. When applied regularly, castor oil also helps diminish dark circles.
- Burdock Root Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 CapsAs low as £10.00
- Wheatgrass Superfood, OrganicAs low as £12.00
- Rosemary (Cineole) Organic Essential Oil 5mlAs low as £5.00
- Orange (Sweet) Organic Essential Oil 5mlAs low as £4.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Dolores, thank you for your message!Ashwagandha is an adaptogen so will adapt to your own bodies rhythm. It is a powerful way to regulate energy levels through the day so in some people may boost circulation and cell activity, which is why you may find yourself with insomnia. Everyone is unique and different, so will react to herbs and remedies differently. As you are using bio-identical hormones, I would advise you check with your GP, as there are often interferences with herbs. Perhaps you should try taking your Ashwagandha in the morning to regulate your bodies rhythm through the day.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan it actually cause insomnia and night sweats in menopausal women if taken at night? I think it does for me. I also use compounded bio-identical hormones.