Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Organic Castor Oil
Castor oil has been used medicinally for about 4,000 years and the castor bean plant is cultivated in hot climates around the world, especially Africa, southern Asia and South America.
The plant has large, palm-shaped leaves, green flowers, and prickly red seed capsules. These seeds are gathered throughout the year when nearly ripe and put out into the sun to mature. Castor oil is made by cold pressing these seeds and is renowned for its health benefits for digestive health.
Background of where our Castor oil is sourced from
Fushi’s organic Castor oil is sourced from South America from sustainable grower projects. It is certified organic by the Soil Association. The oil is extracted by mechanical cold pressing of the Castor seeds to produce a yellow to light brown odourless oil.
Health Benefits of Castor oil
As an alternative remedy, castor oil is a very effective laxative. It provides temporary relief for constipation and help maintain digestive health.
Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, which has anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. It provides treatment for minor cuts, burns, abrasions, sunburn and is known to help with skin disorders such as acne and eczema.
Aside from these, one of the benefits of castor oil is in skin conditioning. It serves as a natural emollient, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin that hydrates and moisturises the skin. It treats wrinkles, repairing and rejuvenating the skin to make it look flawless and smoother. When applied regularly, castor oil also helps diminish dark circles.
- Lavender Organic Essential Oil (Maillette) 5mlAs low as £6.50
- Burdock Root Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 CapsAs low as £10.00
- Wheatgrass Superfood, OrganicAs low as £12.00
- Orange (Sweet) Organic Essential Oil 5mlAs low as £4.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks