Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Organic Castor Oil
Castor oil has been used medicinally for about 4,000 years and the castor bean plant is cultivated in hot climates around the world, especially Africa, southern Asia and South America.
The plant has large, palm-shaped leaves, green flowers, and prickly red seed capsules. These seeds are gathered throughout the year when nearly ripe and put out into the sun to mature. Castor oil is made by cold pressing these seeds and is renowned for its health benefits for digestive health.
Background of where our Castor oil is sourced from
Fushi’s organic Castor oil is sourced from South America from sustainable grower projects. It is certified organic by the Soil Association. The oil is extracted by mechanical cold pressing of the Castor seeds to produce a yellow to light brown odourless oil.
Health Benefits of Castor oil
As an alternative remedy, castor oil is a very effective laxative. It provides temporary relief for constipation and help maintain digestive health.
Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, which has anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. It provides treatment for minor cuts, burns, abrasions, sunburn and is known to help with skin disorders such as acne and eczema.
Aside from these, one of the benefits of castor oil is in skin conditioning. It serves as a natural emollient, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin that hydrates and moisturises the skin. It treats wrinkles, repairing and rejuvenating the skin to make it look flawless and smoother. When applied regularly, castor oil also helps diminish dark circles.
- Rose Petal Organic Oil 100ml Fresh-Pressed, Triple infused30% OFFSpecial Price £16.80 Regular Price £24.00
- Burdock Root Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 CapsAs low as £10.00
- Wheatgrass Superfood, Organic30% OFFAs low as £8.40 Regular Price £12.00
- Rosemary (Cineole) Organic Essential Oil 5mlAs low as £5.00
- Orange (Sweet) Organic Essential Oil 5mlAs low as £4.00
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage