Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Organic Castor Oil
Castor oil has been used medicinally for about 4,000 years and the castor bean plant is cultivated in hot climates around the world, especially Africa, southern Asia and South America.
The plant has large, palm-shaped leaves, green flowers, and prickly red seed capsules. These seeds are gathered throughout the year when nearly ripe and put out into the sun to mature. Castor oil is made by cold pressing these seeds and is renowned for its health benefits for digestive health.
Background of where our Castor oil is sourced from
Fushi’s organic Castor oil is sourced from South America from sustainable grower projects. It is certified organic by the Soil Association. The oil is extracted by mechanical cold pressing of the Castor seeds to produce a yellow to light brown odourless oil.
Health Benefits of Castor oil
As an alternative remedy, castor oil is a very effective laxative. It provides temporary relief for constipation and help maintain digestive health.
Castor oil contains ricinoleic acid, which has anti-inflammatory benefits to the skin. It provides treatment for minor cuts, burns, abrasions, sunburn and is known to help with skin disorders such as acne and eczema.
Aside from these, one of the benefits of castor oil is in skin conditioning. It serves as a natural emollient, which stimulates the production of collagen and elastin that hydrates and moisturises the skin. It treats wrinkles, repairing and rejuvenating the skin to make it look flawless and smoother. When applied regularly, castor oil also helps diminish dark circles.
- Burdock Root Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 CapsAs low as £10.00
- Wheatgrass Superfood, OrganicAs low as £12.00
- Rosemary (Cineole) Organic Essential Oil 5mlAs low as £5.00
- Orange (Sweet) Organic Essential Oil 5mlAs low as £4.00
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?