Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Organic Evening Primrose Oil (Certified Organic)
The history of Evening Primrose oil’s health benefits date back to its use by early Native Americans as a natural anti inflammatoryÿ and to treat asthma. Evening primrose can be found in many parts of North America and is also grown in parts of Asia, it is mostly a perennial plant, flowering in the spring. It is the Evening Primrose seed oil and its essential fatty acid content that holds the most interest today in maintaining health and preventing disease.
Background of where our Evening Primrose oil is sourced from
Fushi?s Evening Primrose oil is certified organic by the Soil Association and sourced from Northern Asia. The oil is extracted from the Evening Primrose seeds by mechanical cold pressing to produce light yellow coloured oil suitable for internal use.
Evening Primrose Oil Properties
Evening primrose carrier oil contains adequate quantities of polysaturated omega-6 fatty acids, essential fatty acids (EFAs), which are very vital for the smooth functioning of the body. It also has a reasonable amount of linoleic acid and gamma-linolenic acid (GLA) which are also beneficial for general health and wellbeing,
Evening primrose oil may help relieve menstrual disorders, such as PMS, menstrual cramps and endometriosis The oil is thought to block the inflammatory prostaglandins that cause menstrual cramps. Evening primrose is very popular for it?s use in easing hot flashes, mood swings, and other menopausal symptoms.
The oil is also thought to be helpful for treating rheumatoid, arthritis and asthma. Evening Primrose oil is also though to be helpful for chronic fatigue.
- Saw Palmetto Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 Caps20% OFFSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £15.00
- Ylang Ylang (No 1) Organic Essential Oil 5mlAs low as £11.50
- Citronella Organic Essential Oil (Nardus) 5ml50% OFFAs low as £2.51 Regular Price £5.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks