Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Why our Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is So Special
Organic and Fair for Life Certified
Coconuts are prolific across the tropical parts of the world and have been used for thousands of years as food source.
Virgin Coconut oil is produced from the coconut flesh and has been traditionally used for skin moisturising and hair conditioning. Pure coconut oil should have a distinctive fragrance and taste and does not require any bleaching, refining or deodorising, Many oils in the market are produced from Copra, and this process strips away the natural benefits found in Coconut oil. So coconut oil produced from Copra and Virgin Coconut oil produced from the coconut flesh are two very different products.
Where is our Virgin Coconut Oil sourced from?
Fushi’s organic coconut oil is sourced from the virgin coconut oil project in Samoa, which is run by a not-for-profit women’s foundation - a unique venture aimed at rebuilding economic independence of individual villages.
By locating the production of the virgin coconut oil within the villages, the returns to the villages and to the individual family groups, are greatly increased by comparison to the more highly industrialised process based on copra. Whole families get involved in collecting the nuts which are then cracked open and the flesh extracted by hand. This naked flesh is then dried carefully before being passed onto a hand operated hydraulic press to produce virgin coconut oil. This production process is quick and the oil is produced within one hour of cracking the coconut and this locks in the aroma ’volatiles’ giving the oil its unique coconut aroma and flavour.
Our Organic Coconut Oil is Certified
A look at the project in Samoa
Properties of Virgin Coconut oil
Virgin Coconut oil is one of the best conditioners for hair. The health benefits of coconut oil include:
- hair care
- skin care
- stress relief
- maintaining cholesterol levels
- weight loss
- increased immunity
- proper digestion and metabolism
- high blood pressure and bone strength
These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which possess properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal and antibacterial.
Virgin coconut oil is considered one of the healthiest oil with both benefits for internal and external use.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)