Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Why our Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is So Special
Organic and Fair for Life Certified
Coconuts are prolific across the tropical parts of the world and have been used for thousands of years as food source.
Virgin Coconut oil is produced from the coconut flesh and has been traditionally used for skin moisturising and hair conditioning. Pure coconut oil should have a distinctive fragrance and taste and does not require any bleaching, refining or deodorising, Many oils in the market are produced from Copra, and this process strips away the natural benefits found in Coconut oil. So coconut oil produced from Copra and Virgin Coconut oil produced from the coconut flesh are two very different products.
Where is our Virgin Coconut Oil sourced from?
Fushi’s organic coconut oil is sourced from the virgin coconut oil project in Samoa, which is run by a not-for-profit women’s foundation - a unique venture aimed at rebuilding economic independence of individual villages.
By locating the production of the virgin coconut oil within the villages, the returns to the villages and to the individual family groups, are greatly increased by comparison to the more highly industrialised process based on copra. Whole families get involved in collecting the nuts which are then cracked open and the flesh extracted by hand. This naked flesh is then dried carefully before being passed onto a hand operated hydraulic press to produce virgin coconut oil. This production process is quick and the oil is produced within one hour of cracking the coconut and this locks in the aroma ’volatiles’ giving the oil its unique coconut aroma and flavour.
Our Organic Coconut Oil is Certified
A look at the project in Samoa
Properties of Virgin Coconut oil
Virgin Coconut oil is one of the best conditioners for hair. The health benefits of coconut oil include:
- hair care
- skin care
- stress relief
- maintaining cholesterol levels
- weight loss
- increased immunity
- proper digestion and metabolism
- high blood pressure and bone strength
These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which possess properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal and antibacterial.
Virgin coconut oil is considered one of the healthiest oil with both benefits for internal and external use.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy