Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Why our Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is So Special
Organic and Fair for Life Certified
Coconuts are prolific across the tropical parts of the world and have been used for thousands of years as food source.
Virgin Coconut oil is produced from the coconut flesh and has been traditionally used for skin moisturising and hair conditioning. Pure coconut oil should have a distinctive fragrance and taste and does not require any bleaching, refining or deodorising, Many oils in the market are produced from Copra, and this process strips away the natural benefits found in Coconut oil. So coconut oil produced from Copra and Virgin Coconut oil produced from the coconut flesh are two very different products.
Where is our Virgin Coconut Oil sourced from?
Fushi’s organic coconut oil is sourced from the virgin coconut oil project in Samoa, which is run by a not-for-profit women’s foundation - a unique venture aimed at rebuilding economic independence of individual villages.
By locating the production of the virgin coconut oil within the villages, the returns to the villages and to the individual family groups, are greatly increased by comparison to the more highly industrialised process based on copra. Whole families get involved in collecting the nuts which are then cracked open and the flesh extracted by hand. This naked flesh is then dried carefully before being passed onto a hand operated hydraulic press to produce virgin coconut oil. This production process is quick and the oil is produced within one hour of cracking the coconut and this locks in the aroma ’volatiles’ giving the oil its unique coconut aroma and flavour.
Our Organic Coconut Oil is Certified
A look at the project in Samoa
Properties of Virgin Coconut oil
Virgin Coconut oil is one of the best conditioners for hair. The health benefits of coconut oil include:
- hair care
- skin care
- stress relief
- maintaining cholesterol levels
- weight loss
- increased immunity
- proper digestion and metabolism
- high blood pressure and bone strength
These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which possess properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal and antibacterial.
Virgin coconut oil is considered one of the healthiest oil with both benefits for internal and external use.
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.