Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Why our Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil is So Special
Organic and Fair for Life Certified
Coconuts are prolific across the tropical parts of the world and have been used for thousands of years as food source.
Virgin Coconut oil is produced from the coconut flesh and has been traditionally used for skin moisturising and hair conditioning. Pure coconut oil should have a distinctive fragrance and taste and does not require any bleaching, refining or deodorising, Many oils in the market are produced from Copra, and this process strips away the natural benefits found in Coconut oil. So coconut oil produced from Copra and Virgin Coconut oil produced from the coconut flesh are two very different products.
Where is our Virgin Coconut Oil sourced from?
Fushi’s organic coconut oil is sourced from the virgin coconut oil project in Samoa, which is run by a not-for-profit women’s foundation - a unique venture aimed at rebuilding economic independence of individual villages.
By locating the production of the virgin coconut oil within the villages, the returns to the villages and to the individual family groups, are greatly increased by comparison to the more highly industrialised process based on copra. Whole families get involved in collecting the nuts which are then cracked open and the flesh extracted by hand. This naked flesh is then dried carefully before being passed onto a hand operated hydraulic press to produce virgin coconut oil. This production process is quick and the oil is produced within one hour of cracking the coconut and this locks in the aroma ’volatiles’ giving the oil its unique coconut aroma and flavour.
Our Organic Coconut Oil is Certified
A look at the project in Samoa
Properties of Virgin Coconut oil
Virgin Coconut oil is one of the best conditioners for hair. The health benefits of coconut oil include:
- hair care
- skin care
- stress relief
- maintaining cholesterol levels
- weight loss
- increased immunity
- proper digestion and metabolism
- high blood pressure and bone strength
These benefits of coconut oil can be attributed to the presence of lauric acid, capric acid and caprylic acid, which possess properties such as antimicrobial, antioxidant, antifungal and antibacterial.
Virgin coconut oil is considered one of the healthiest oil with both benefits for internal and external use.
- Avocado Organic Oil Virgin 100ml Fresh-Pressed20% OFFSpecial Price £8.80 Regular Price £11.00
- Organic Hand Made Shea Butter (Unrefined) 200g20% OFFSpecial Price £9.60 Regular Price £12.00
- Really Good Hair Oil 100ml20% OFFSpecial Price £14.40 Regular Price £18.00
- Flax Seed Organic Oil 100ml Organic-Pressed20% OFFSpecial Price £5.60 Regular Price £7.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)