Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Organic Flax Seed Oil (Organic and Fair for Life Certified)
Flax seed also known as Linseed is an ancient grain that has been used for its health benefits by people for thousands of years. Today it is being looked at as an equivalent to fish oil because of the antioxidants and Omega oils it contains. Flax seed has recorded use of around 7000 years according to evidence that has been found in excavations in the Mediterranean region. It has been said to have been used by Hippocrates, the father of medicine. Today it is being recognized as an edible item and being researched for health benefits and culinary uses.ÿFlax seed plants are grown for culinary, industrial and aesthetic purposes. The popularity of the seed has been increasing because it is believed to have heart-healthy benefits.ÿ
Background of where our Flax Seed oil is sourced from
Fushi’s Flax Seed oil is certified organic by the Soil Association and sourced from high quality Flax Seeds grown in Argentina and via the ’fair for life’ trade programme. The oil is extracted by the cold pressing of the Flax seeds to produce a light yellow coloured oil.
Properties of Flax Seed oil
Flax seed is one of the richest sources of Omega-3 fatty acids known to man.ÿThe oil is obtained from processing the seeds, is also high in omega 3 fatty acids, especially alpha linoleic acid (ALA). Flax seed oil also known as Linseed oil is highly recommended for general wellbeing and for whole body nutrition and is considered to be nature?s richest source of omega-3 fatty acids.One of the most important component of Flax Seed is the Omega 3 fatty acids, needed for the health of almost all body systems. Another health benefit of Flax Seed oil is to help to lower cholesterol, protect against heart disease, promote the growth of healthy hair and nails, improve absorption of calcium, and help increase the metabolic rate, making it good for weight loss. Flax Seed oil is also known to be helpful in the treatment of Eczema, Psoriasis, and Dandruff and can relieve some cases of Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS) in women.
- Passion Flower Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 Caps50% OFFSpecial Price £5.00 Regular Price £10.00
- Cleavers Capsules, Organic Fresh-ground®, 60 Caps50% OFFSpecial Price £4.01 Regular Price £8.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks