Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Organic Sesame Seed Oil (Fair Trade Certified)
Sesame is probably oldest cultivated crop world. It can trace origins back the fertile crescent early as BC. Its cultivation in Mesopotamia dates to 1600BC before spreading throughout Persia, Ancient Egypt and even China ? where its use has been recorded for over 3000 years.ÿSesame seed oil has also been employed for thousands of years in food, medicinal and cosmetic use. It has been used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine as a healing oil and a base for many of its treatments. Its use in cosmetics most probably started with the ancient Egyptians where it was prised as a moisturiser and a base for fragrance delivery.
Background of where our Sesame Seed oil is sourced from
Fushi’s Sesame Seed oil is sourced from a small scale growers group in Uganda who produce organic certified seed. The sesame seed oil is fair trade and producedÿ via the ?Fair for Life? programme. the seeds are then transferred to the oil production facility in Kenya where it produces export quality organic & fair traded sesame oil.
Properties of Sesame Seed Oil
- Sesame oil has long been considered a good skin oil. Its high omega 6 content means it offers skin softening and nourishing properties.
- It is also considered an excellent emollient and moisturizer for the skin. Consistency wise, it is neither too thin nor too thick and penetrates skin tissue easily.
- Research has also shown it to have not only antioxidant properties but that it also naturally contains sun protection properties. It is reported to be rich in both Vitamins A & E and many other essential proteins considered beneficial for healthy culinary use.
- It has long history of use as a cooking oil and even through it has a relatively high smoke point it resists rancidity due to the presence of its natural antioxidants.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks