Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Organic Sesame Seed Oil (Fair Trade Certified)
Sesame is probably oldest cultivated crop world. It can trace origins back the fertile crescent early as BC. Its cultivation in Mesopotamia dates to 1600BC before spreading throughout Persia, Ancient Egypt and even China ? where its use has been recorded for over 3000 years.ÿSesame seed oil has also been employed for thousands of years in food, medicinal and cosmetic use. It has been used in Indian Ayurvedic medicine as a healing oil and a base for many of its treatments. Its use in cosmetics most probably started with the ancient Egyptians where it was prised as a moisturiser and a base for fragrance delivery.
Background of where our Sesame Seed oil is sourced from
Fushi’s Sesame Seed oil is sourced from a small scale growers group in Uganda who produce organic certified seed. The sesame seed oil is fair trade and producedÿ via the ?Fair for Life? programme. the seeds are then transferred to the oil production facility in Kenya where it produces export quality organic & fair traded sesame oil.
Properties of Sesame Seed Oil
- Sesame oil has long been considered a good skin oil. Its high omega 6 content means it offers skin softening and nourishing properties.
- It is also considered an excellent emollient and moisturizer for the skin. Consistency wise, it is neither too thin nor too thick and penetrates skin tissue easily.
- Research has also shown it to have not only antioxidant properties but that it also naturally contains sun protection properties. It is reported to be rich in both Vitamins A & E and many other essential proteins considered beneficial for healthy culinary use.
- It has long history of use as a cooking oil and even through it has a relatively high smoke point it resists rancidity due to the presence of its natural antioxidants.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?