Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Perfecting your shower routine
Even though a lot of us don't have quite as much time to spend in the show every morning as we might like, having a routine for this part of your day can really pay off.
You want to wash and make sure your hair will be at its best while you're showering.
Here are some fantastic tips that could help you get more from this part of your day.
When you're showering, you'll often want to get a good wash, so that you feel fresh.
But when you have sensitive skin, it can sometimes be that bit trickier to track down a body wash that really fits your needs.
Look out for products that are specially advertised as being good for sensitive skin, and remember that you might want to try several types before you settle on the answer to your shower problem.
If a shower product isn't suiting you, there's no need to keep using it, it's far better to have a product you're happy with, since you'll likely be washing with it quite regularly.
Even factors like scent can come between you and the perfect shower product - not everyone likes the same smells, after all!
If you do have sensitive skin, we have a shower wash that had been formulated specially with this issue in mind.
Our gorgeous Bringer of Peace Herbal Body Wash promises to be soothing where skin is concerned, and can be used when washing in the bath as well as the shower.
We recommend you wash using a sponge to make the most of this product, which contains a range of truly brilliant ingredients.
Hair care heaven
No woman needs telling that hair care happens in the shower, when you wash and condition your hair to help make sure it will look the way you want it to when it's dry.
Just as with the body wash you use, you'll want to take a lot of care over your shampoo, because different products can leave your hair in different states.
One product that might work well for you is the Scalp Soother Herbal Shampoo, which is suitable for people suffering from the likes of itchy scalp issues and contains things like jasmine and chamomile - lovely!
We've recommended this for use with our Repair & Soothe herbal conditioner and Scalp Soother oil.
Many of us like to moisturise after we leave the shower, and for brilliant skin, you might want to work this into your shower routine if you haven't done so yet.
We recommend, for example, that you use Bringer of Peace Body Moisturiser after you've washed with the brilliant Bringer of Peace body wash.
The Bringer of Peace Herbal Body Lotion for Sensitive Skin is so simple to use - massage it into clean skin and you're done!
It's a great product to try if your skin is a little sensitive and has gorgeous things like coconut and shea butter within. A real treat!
Turn your shower into a morning present to yourself, and let your hair and skin feel the effects!
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks