Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Perk up your complexion in minutes
As much as we'd like to pamper ourselves all day, sometimes we don't have hours and hours to get ready for the Christmas party
Instead, the majority of us are tasked with an hour or so turnaround period to get as glam as possible.
If you're not blessed with time this Yuletide, there are some easy ways to get your complexion perked up in minutes.
Face massage with oils
Face massages, as well as being incredibly relaxing, are thought to do wonders for the skin.
The skin becomes more relaxed - reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially when performed over time.
Massaging with oils is a great hydrator, making it the perfect base for party-ready make up.
Lavender is a particularly good oil to massage with, as it has antiseptic and cleansing properties which help to refresh, purify and brighten the complexion.
Along with numerous skin benefits, facial massage also provides relief for stress, sinus congestion, and migraine headaches, making sure you're fully in the party mood.
Oil cleansing method
According to skin expert Jane Druker, cleansing is more important than moisturising.
"To prevent flaky or inflamed skin, make sure you cleanse properly … I recommend removing make-up properly to prevent blocked pores, then use rose water or something as gentle to tone, and instead of moisturiser I really recommend oils," she advised.
Using oil as a cleanser wipes away all traces of make up from the day, making your skin completely ready, even and blemish-free for the night.
Exfoliate and steam
Exfoliating gets your skin as clear as possible - ensuring that any dirt, which could cause a blemish, is eradicated.
You can make your own exfoliator or invest in one with natural ingredients, so as not to upset your skin before the big night.
"This does not necessarily need to be a gritty one as these can sometimes bring more redness to the skin which will affect how your makeup sits," explained Abigail James, a facialist.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.