Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Perk up your complexion in minutes
As much as we'd like to pamper ourselves all day, sometimes we don't have hours and hours to get ready for the Christmas party
Instead, the majority of us are tasked with an hour or so turnaround period to get as glam as possible.
If you're not blessed with time this Yuletide, there are some easy ways to get your complexion perked up in minutes.
Face massage with oils
Face massages, as well as being incredibly relaxing, are thought to do wonders for the skin.
The skin becomes more relaxed - reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially when performed over time.
Massaging with oils is a great hydrator, making it the perfect base for party-ready make up.
Lavender is a particularly good oil to massage with, as it has antiseptic and cleansing properties which help to refresh, purify and brighten the complexion.
Along with numerous skin benefits, facial massage also provides relief for stress, sinus congestion, and migraine headaches, making sure you're fully in the party mood.
Oil cleansing method
According to skin expert Jane Druker, cleansing is more important than moisturising.
"To prevent flaky or inflamed skin, make sure you cleanse properly … I recommend removing make-up properly to prevent blocked pores, then use rose water or something as gentle to tone, and instead of moisturiser I really recommend oils," she advised.
Using oil as a cleanser wipes away all traces of make up from the day, making your skin completely ready, even and blemish-free for the night.
Exfoliate and steam
Exfoliating gets your skin as clear as possible - ensuring that any dirt, which could cause a blemish, is eradicated.
You can make your own exfoliator or invest in one with natural ingredients, so as not to upset your skin before the big night.
"This does not necessarily need to be a gritty one as these can sometimes bring more redness to the skin which will affect how your makeup sits," explained Abigail James, a facialist.
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)