Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Perk up your complexion in minutes
As much as we'd like to pamper ourselves all day, sometimes we don't have hours and hours to get ready for the Christmas party
Instead, the majority of us are tasked with an hour or so turnaround period to get as glam as possible.
If you're not blessed with time this Yuletide, there are some easy ways to get your complexion perked up in minutes.
Face massage with oils
Face massages, as well as being incredibly relaxing, are thought to do wonders for the skin.
The skin becomes more relaxed - reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, especially when performed over time.
Massaging with oils is a great hydrator, making it the perfect base for party-ready make up.
Lavender is a particularly good oil to massage with, as it has antiseptic and cleansing properties which help to refresh, purify and brighten the complexion.
Along with numerous skin benefits, facial massage also provides relief for stress, sinus congestion, and migraine headaches, making sure you're fully in the party mood.
Oil cleansing method
According to skin expert Jane Druker, cleansing is more important than moisturising.
"To prevent flaky or inflamed skin, make sure you cleanse properly … I recommend removing make-up properly to prevent blocked pores, then use rose water or something as gentle to tone, and instead of moisturiser I really recommend oils," she advised.
Using oil as a cleanser wipes away all traces of make up from the day, making your skin completely ready, even and blemish-free for the night.
Exfoliate and steam
Exfoliating gets your skin as clear as possible - ensuring that any dirt, which could cause a blemish, is eradicated.
You can make your own exfoliator or invest in one with natural ingredients, so as not to upset your skin before the big night.
"This does not necessarily need to be a gritty one as these can sometimes bring more redness to the skin which will affect how your makeup sits," explained Abigail James, a facialist.
Posted by Freya Harper
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy