Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Pretty up your feet with this homemade scrub
The Christmas party season is approaching, which means glitz, glam, and a lot of getting ready.
Unlike other parts of our bodies, which are transformed with a dollop of moisturiser or a lick of make up, our feet need a bit of preparation to look their party best.
If you want your feet to sparkle like your dress this party season, start preparing now by pampering your feet to this simple homemade scrub.
You'll need salt or sugar, as well as coconut oil, avocado oil and a bit of honey.
All you need to do is mix the oils together - and then add in as much or as little of the sugar or salt as you like.
Salt or sugar
The salt and sugar are abrasive ingredients which create friction, making it easier to shed the dry dead skin cells from your feet.
Add more for particularly dry feet that need a really thorough exfoliation.
Coconut oil is one of the richest natural moisturisers available as it has high levels of fatty acids, so application of this moisture-rich substance should have even the driest feet smooth in no time.
You can even rub the oil onto your nails. This will keep them strong and stop any breaks before the big day. It's best to apply the coconut oil to nails before you add the salt or sugar though.
Coconut oil on the toe nails is also a great base for varnish.
In addition, it is thought that coconut oil has anti-perspiring properties - so it could even stop your feet smelling when you take off your party shoes.
This oil is ideal for those with feet that are older or particularly dry, even feet with eczema, owing to its super-moisturising properties.
Avocado oil increases elasticity of the skin as it contains collagen supporting amino acids and proteins.
It also regenerates connective skin tissue - which repairs dehydrated, scarred and mature skin.
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed30% OFFAs low as £7.00 Regular Price £10.00
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello :) There are no studies that indicates negative effects on femininity and hirsutism on women. Studies have shown that Ashwagandha is a magical herb for women of all ages and the benefits for women are plenty. When consumed regularly, it can have a positive effect on physical and mental health. Hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenI have heard that using this herb cause negative effects on femininity and some times produces hair on face of woman.