Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Sometimes you just need a sweet snack to get you through the afternoon. But if you're trying to follow a healthy diet or lose weight, scoffing chocolate chip cookies at your desk doesn't sound like a good idea. Thankfully we have come up with a solution - the healthy cookie.
Our chocolate chip cookies have taken out most of the bad stuff like sugar and butter and replaced it with healthy alternatives like coconut oil and dark chocolate. Making it a low-fat snack for everyone to enjoy. And we bet guests won't even notice the difference when they're tucking in.
Follow our recipe below for a delicious and guilt-free snack this week.
110g rolled oats
1tsp baking powder
Pinch of salt
200g of coconut oil (melted down)
200g dark brown sugar
As much dark chocolate chips as you like
2-3 tbsp whole milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Mix together all the dry ingredients such as flour, baking powder, oats and salt, and set aside.
3. With an electric mixer, beat together the melted coconut oil and sugar until it forms a grainy mixture and then beat in the egg and milk for two minutes until smooth.
4. Add the flour mixture to this gradually until it is well combined and then add the chocolate chips.
5. Use a scoop or a tablespoon to make dough balls and place on greaseproof paper to bake in the oven for about 10 minutes or until the cookie edges turn golden brown.
6. Once done, place on a wire rack to cool.
7. Make a cup of tea and enjoy!