Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Red velvet cupcakes with avocado icing
By Sophie Leaver
Health & Wellbeing Writer
These cupcakes are the perfect way to use Christmas colours without relying on artificial colouring and additives.
By using beetroot and avocado, you’re sneaking in some nourishing ingredients that nobody will even notice.
Ingredients for the cupcakes
2 large beetroots
¼ tsp. salt
2½ cups all-purpose flour
¾ cup coconut sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
½ cup coconut oil, melted
¾ cup almond milk
1 tsp. white vinegar
1 tsp. vanilla extract
For the icing
2 ripe avocados
1 Tbsp. ghee, softened
½ tsp. vanilla extract
2 cups powdered sugar (plus a little more if needed)
Pinch of salt
1. Wrap the beetroots individually in tinfoil with a teaspoon of coconut oil and a splash of water. Place the wrapped beetroots on a baking tray and roast in the oven at 180C degrees for 30 minutes, or until soft. Set aside to cool.
2. In a large mixing bowl, place the flour, sugar, baking soda, salt, and cocoa powder.
Peel the beetroots, then blend in a blender or food processor, until pureed. Add the milk, coconut oil, eggs, vinegar and vanilla extract to the puree.
3. Slowly mix the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients until combined.
4. Scoop the batter into 12 cupcake liners or greased cupcake tray.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into one of the cupcakes. Set aside and let cool.
6. Using a whisk, beat the avocado and ghee until combined.
7. Next beat in the vanilla, salt, and sugar until you reach a thick, spreadable consistency. Decorate with anything you like from chocolate hearts to coloured sprinkles.
8. Once the cupcakes are cooled, ice them, and serve.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.