Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Resolve to ’add’ something this year
The beginning of a new year means, for the majority of people, a chance to really change some habits that they may not have liked so much in 2012.
Lots of people decide to give up takeaways, smoking, drinks or chocolate.
As well as taking things away, however, the beginning of a new year is a great chance to add something new to your life.
Any form of exercise is a complete plus in kick starting your year as a healthy one. And yoga is also great for the brain.
As well as toning your body, stretching the major muscle groups of the body, improving metabolism and helping your flexibility and coordination, yoga is great at giving you real peace of mind.
Emma Catto, yoga expert from advice service Greatvine.com, noted: "Yoga postures and breathing encourage us to observe the constant chatter of the mind and to learn to detach from it.
"The postures give us stability and strength allowing us to be 'in our body' and have a sense of who we are in the world and stretching activates the parasympathetic nervous system which calms us down."
Yoga is a great addition to 2013, according to Ms Catto, if you want to learn how to properly relax.
Have a good skincare routine
It's easy to neglect your skincare routine, but it really is truly beneficial in keeping you looking youthful and fresh throughout the year.
According to Amanda McGillivray, founder of The Natural Skincare Company, a woman should listen to her skin and ensure that her routine changes as she ages.
"As you get older and your skin changes and becomes drier, you will need to use creams and serums which contain nutrients such as vitamin A, C and E, to help fight free radicals and keep those unwelcome wrinkles at bay," the expert advised.
Investing in an appropriate cleanser, toner and moisturiser is a must for 2013.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Hi, would it be advisable to use almond oil on acne prone skin. I have a little bit of acne but have lots of dark spots left by acne.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?