Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Resolve to ’add’ something this year
The beginning of a new year means, for the majority of people, a chance to really change some habits that they may not have liked so much in 2012.
Lots of people decide to give up takeaways, smoking, drinks or chocolate.
As well as taking things away, however, the beginning of a new year is a great chance to add something new to your life.
Any form of exercise is a complete plus in kick starting your year as a healthy one. And yoga is also great for the brain.
As well as toning your body, stretching the major muscle groups of the body, improving metabolism and helping your flexibility and coordination, yoga is great at giving you real peace of mind.
Emma Catto, yoga expert from advice service Greatvine.com, noted: "Yoga postures and breathing encourage us to observe the constant chatter of the mind and to learn to detach from it.
"The postures give us stability and strength allowing us to be 'in our body' and have a sense of who we are in the world and stretching activates the parasympathetic nervous system which calms us down."
Yoga is a great addition to 2013, according to Ms Catto, if you want to learn how to properly relax.
Have a good skincare routine
It's easy to neglect your skincare routine, but it really is truly beneficial in keeping you looking youthful and fresh throughout the year.
According to Amanda McGillivray, founder of The Natural Skincare Company, a woman should listen to her skin and ensure that her routine changes as she ages.
"As you get older and your skin changes and becomes drier, you will need to use creams and serums which contain nutrients such as vitamin A, C and E, to help fight free radicals and keep those unwelcome wrinkles at bay," the expert advised.
Investing in an appropriate cleanser, toner and moisturiser is a must for 2013.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.