Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Resolve to ’add’ something this year
The beginning of a new year means, for the majority of people, a chance to really change some habits that they may not have liked so much in 2012.
Lots of people decide to give up takeaways, smoking, drinks or chocolate.
As well as taking things away, however, the beginning of a new year is a great chance to add something new to your life.
Any form of exercise is a complete plus in kick starting your year as a healthy one. And yoga is also great for the brain.
As well as toning your body, stretching the major muscle groups of the body, improving metabolism and helping your flexibility and coordination, yoga is great at giving you real peace of mind.
Emma Catto, yoga expert from advice service Greatvine.com, noted: "Yoga postures and breathing encourage us to observe the constant chatter of the mind and to learn to detach from it.
"The postures give us stability and strength allowing us to be 'in our body' and have a sense of who we are in the world and stretching activates the parasympathetic nervous system which calms us down."
Yoga is a great addition to 2013, according to Ms Catto, if you want to learn how to properly relax.
Have a good skincare routine
It's easy to neglect your skincare routine, but it really is truly beneficial in keeping you looking youthful and fresh throughout the year.
According to Amanda McGillivray, founder of The Natural Skincare Company, a woman should listen to her skin and ensure that her routine changes as she ages.
"As you get older and your skin changes and becomes drier, you will need to use creams and serums which contain nutrients such as vitamin A, C and E, to help fight free radicals and keep those unwelcome wrinkles at bay," the expert advised.
Investing in an appropriate cleanser, toner and moisturiser is a must for 2013.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi, I made carrot oil from almond oil and carrot fruit, is it good? And how do I keep it to avoid spoilage