Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Rosehip Oil Benefits
Written by Jade Ellis
We are going to delve into the wonderful world of Rosehip oil and discover all of the incredible benefits this oil has to offer. First up, we are going to look at the essential vitamins and minerals this oil will provide you with and why they are so important!
Pure Rosehip oil benefits are that it is high in vitamins A, E and C. These vitamins naturally occur in the oil and are great in protecting the skin against any premature aging. We are going to explore these soon, but first, what are the Rosehip oil benefits for the skin?
Rosehip oil benefits for the skin
Rosehip oil benefits for the skin and seen largely on mature skin and aging skin types. This oil is also particularly great for marks and scars on the skin due to its regenerating properties. Due to this Rosehip oil is also beneficial for sunburns and sun damaged skin. Rosehip oil benefits for the skin can also be seen for women both during and after pregnancy. This oil can work wonders for stretch marks and can be very useful to apply during this time.
Rosehip oil benefits for the skin include it being an excellent oil to use for people living in a crowded city. This is due to most of the inflammatory processes in the body and skin occurring due to high stress levels, pollution and inconsistent, nutrient poor diets. A few drops of Rosehip oil can give your skin a boost, to refresh and de-stress your skin’s health!
This is an ideal oil to use on the skin, for an even skin tone and to smooth roughness of the skin. You can use Rosehip oil as a moisturiser for sensitive, sun damaged, dry skin, or just as part of your daily skin care routine. Rosehip oil benefits for the skin are vast as is a dry, light oil which penetrates the skin quickly and has been linked to increased collagen production due to its high antioxidant content. One of the main Rosehip oil benefits are that it is skin brightening, skin-plumping and has been known to help reduce fine lines and scars.
What are the main vitamins which give the Rosehip oil benefits?
Here we are going to explore the incredible vitamins within Rosehip oil and all of the skin boosting qualities they contain!
- Rosehip oil benefits - Vitamin A
Vitamin A in particular can help to delay the effects of aging and assist in cell regeneration. Vitamin A consists of retinoic acid and other provitamins like beta-carotene. Beta-carotene is directly from the plant foods that we eat. The effects of this vitamin on our skin is preventing premature aging, encouraging cell regeneration and protecting against infection due to strengthening the skins barrier. This vitamin contributes to supporting your skin to reach an even complexion and a lovely glow!
- Rosehip oil benefits - Vitamin E
Vitamin E is extremely beneficial for the skin; intensely moisturising and even more importantly helping with tissue repair, thereby keeping the skin in good condition. Vitamin E can help prevent trans epidermal water loss from the skin which can in turn increase the moisture of the skin. It may also prevent the formation of wrinkles by blocking free radical damage, and boosting collagen production which is a connective tissue that keeps skin elastic!
- Rosehip oil benefits - Vitamin C
Vitamin C’s role in boosting skin’s health has become well-known in the past few years. It has become known for its key anti-aging qualities and being able to boost the skin’s luminosity, and smooth the skin tone. Vitamin C is also well-known for its antioxidant benefits for the skin and its collagen boosting properties. This vitamin is a powerful antioxidant and can help protect your skin against external forces and free radical damage caused by the environment, which can be a huge component in premature aging and fine lines.
Rosehip oil benefits for the face
So, you’ve got Rosehip oil but have no idea how to actually apply it? To feel the full effect of the Rosehip oil benefits for the face, it is important to apply this oil to the face correctly. There are a few special rules which we are going to reveal here!
- How can I apply Rosehip oil to my face?
For Rosehip oil benefits for face and deep moisturisation you should apply to damp skin. The oil is ideal for massaging the face.
- Step 1 - After cleansing the face, you can apply your moisturiser and then the Rosehip oil. Alternatively, you can use the oil as a moisturiser and apply straight after cleansing. This is completely up to the person and some even mix the Rosehip in with their moisturiser so it is two steps in one!
- Step 2 – Apply a few drops to damp skin in circular motions after cleansing. This oil will absorb into the skin quickly.
- Step 3 – Allow the oil to sink into skin (Rosehip oil absorbs very quickly) and feel the full skin boosting effects of this wonderful oil!
Just a few drops massaged into the skin and face can help to prevent premature aging and promote a youthful complexion, all refreshed and bright! So, with all of these incredible Rosehip oil benefits, why not make the nutrient rich, fresh pressed oil a part of your beauty regime?
If you have used our lovely Rosehip oil we would love to hear your opinion, please let us know in the comments!
- Really Good Cellulite Oil 100ml33% OFFSpecial Price £12.00 Regular Price £18.00
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks