Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Seven benefits of green tea
Back in the ancient times, Chinese doctors would use green tea as a medicinal cure for almost any ailment.
Obviously times have changed and medicine has progressed, but many doctors still profess the health benefits of green tea.
Here are seven ways that green tea can help you stay in tip-top condition.
1. Cancer prevention
It is thought that green tea may go some way in preventing cancer because of the abundance of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) present in green tea.
EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant which is thought to kill cancer cells and prohibit their growth.
2. Beating depression
Green tea consumption may help to increase the levels of serotonin in your brain, according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Serotonin is the little, (but incredibly powerful) substance that keeps us happy.
3. Raises metabolism
Many specialists have claimed that green tea raises metabolism, which in turn helps individuals to lose weight at a healthy rate.
4. Lowers cholesterol
Findings published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, showed that green tea could help to lower 'bad' cholesterol.
5. Inhibits the formation of blood clots
EGCG is back again, this time helping to prohibit the formation of blood clots.
This is particularly important when you bear in mind that blood clots are the leading cause of strokes and heart attacks.
6. Prevents tooth decay
Because of its bacteria-destroying properties, green tea can kill off the bacterium that causes plaque and rots our teeth.
The same properties help ward off food poisoning as well.
7. Delay signs of aging
The healing properties in green tea mean that the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are seriously reduced.
Because of the consumption of more water, green tea keeps us hydrated. This, in turn keeps our skin soft, supple and youthful.
Other health benefits are thought to be the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease, infection and an impaired immune function.
To top it all of, it's delicious, cheap and smells a treat!
Posted by Freya Harper
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-PressedAs low as £6.00 Regular Price £6.00
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy