Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Seven benefits of green tea
Back in the ancient times, Chinese doctors would use green tea as a medicinal cure for almost any ailment.
Obviously times have changed and medicine has progressed, but many doctors still profess the health benefits of green tea.
Here are seven ways that green tea can help you stay in tip-top condition.
1. Cancer prevention
It is thought that green tea may go some way in preventing cancer because of the abundance of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) present in green tea.
EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant which is thought to kill cancer cells and prohibit their growth.
2. Beating depression
Green tea consumption may help to increase the levels of serotonin in your brain, according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Serotonin is the little, (but incredibly powerful) substance that keeps us happy.
3. Raises metabolism
Many specialists have claimed that green tea raises metabolism, which in turn helps individuals to lose weight at a healthy rate.
4. Lowers cholesterol
Findings published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, showed that green tea could help to lower 'bad' cholesterol.
5. Inhibits the formation of blood clots
EGCG is back again, this time helping to prohibit the formation of blood clots.
This is particularly important when you bear in mind that blood clots are the leading cause of strokes and heart attacks.
6. Prevents tooth decay
Because of its bacteria-destroying properties, green tea can kill off the bacterium that causes plaque and rots our teeth.
The same properties help ward off food poisoning as well.
7. Delay signs of aging
The healing properties in green tea mean that the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are seriously reduced.
Because of the consumption of more water, green tea keeps us hydrated. This, in turn keeps our skin soft, supple and youthful.
Other health benefits are thought to be the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease, infection and an impaired immune function.
To top it all of, it's delicious, cheap and smells a treat!
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)