Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Seven benefits of green tea
Back in the ancient times, Chinese doctors would use green tea as a medicinal cure for almost any ailment.
Obviously times have changed and medicine has progressed, but many doctors still profess the health benefits of green tea.
Here are seven ways that green tea can help you stay in tip-top condition.
1. Cancer prevention
It is thought that green tea may go some way in preventing cancer because of the abundance of epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG) present in green tea.
EGCG is a powerful anti-oxidant which is thought to kill cancer cells and prohibit their growth.
2. Beating depression
Green tea consumption may help to increase the levels of serotonin in your brain, according to the American Journal of Clinical Nutrition.
Serotonin is the little, (but incredibly powerful) substance that keeps us happy.
3. Raises metabolism
Many specialists have claimed that green tea raises metabolism, which in turn helps individuals to lose weight at a healthy rate.
4. Lowers cholesterol
Findings published in the Journal of the American Dietetic Association, showed that green tea could help to lower 'bad' cholesterol.
5. Inhibits the formation of blood clots
EGCG is back again, this time helping to prohibit the formation of blood clots.
This is particularly important when you bear in mind that blood clots are the leading cause of strokes and heart attacks.
6. Prevents tooth decay
Because of its bacteria-destroying properties, green tea can kill off the bacterium that causes plaque and rots our teeth.
The same properties help ward off food poisoning as well.
7. Delay signs of aging
The healing properties in green tea mean that the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles are seriously reduced.
Because of the consumption of more water, green tea keeps us hydrated. This, in turn keeps our skin soft, supple and youthful.
Other health benefits are thought to be the prevention of rheumatoid arthritis, cardiovascular disease, infection and an impaired immune function.
To top it all of, it's delicious, cheap and smells a treat!
Posted by Freya Harper
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello Dia, Thank you for your comment. Research is confusing when it comes to testosterone levels with PCOS and using Ashwagandha. As it is an adaptogenic herb, it will 'adapt' to the environment of the body to support hormonal balance. A huge therapeutic benefit of Ashwagandha is its ability to balance cortisol levels, which could improve stress and symptoms of PCOS also. If you are currently using any medications or under medical supervision, please seek advice from your practitioner to ensure there are no interactions. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs ashwagandha is good to be taken to increase height who have testosterone level high along with pcod ?
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)