Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Simple, healthy, veggie dinner recipe
Amid all the differing nutrition advice and constantly changing diets, cooking can sometimes become overwhelming.
By: Sophie Leaver
Health & Wellbeing Writer
But a healthy diet doesn’t have to be difficult, time consuming, or even expensive. Food is delicious and it’s meant to be enjoyed! It’s as easy as choosing fresh and seasonal ingredients, following some simple no-fuss recipes, and exploring with spices, herbs and oils when you feel like it! Even with a busy and hectic schedule, it’s worth taking time to sit down, relax, and enjoy your meal. Here is simple vegetarian recipe to start off with for balanced, delicious dinner that you’ll look forward to.
This is a great dish to please everyone, even non-vegetarians. The chic peas are high in protein and fibre and will give you long lasting energy. The spices give the dish a delicious, warming rich flavour, and an extra nutritional hit. The cinnamon is known to help with blood sugar levels while the cumin is great for digestion. The recipe calls for peppers, aubergines, and courgettes but you can play around with adding in whatever vegetables you like.
1 tablespoon coconut oil
2 brown onions, diced
5 cloves of garlic, chopped finely
800g tinned tomatoes
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground cumin
800g tinned chic peas, drained
2 red peppers, chopped into medium pieces
1 aubergine, chopped into medium pieces
2 courgettes, chopped into medium pieces
10 dates (or dried apricots), chopped
Optional: Fresh Coriander and greek yoghurt to serve
Heat the coconut oil in a pan, add in the onions and garlic and cook for 5 minutes, until softened. Add in the dates, tomatoes, cinnamon and cumin and stir together. Bring to a low heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the chic peas, peppers and aubergine and simmer for a further 20 minutes. Add in water or vegetable stock if the sauce gets too thick. Add the courgettes and simmer for a further 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper, and top with fresh coriander and a spoonful of Greek yoghurt. This can be eaten alone or for an even more substantial meal, served on top of quinoa or cous cous.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi Simie, thank you for your message. Ashwagandha is safe to be taken alongside other supplements including Vitamin E and Calcium. We would advise you check with your GP for interactions with estrogen medications for menopause as there are different variations of these medications. I hope this helps :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenCan I take Ashwaganda with other supplements such as vit E, calcium and also estrogen for menopause?
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Kianouche, Thank you for your message. I would recommend to mix pomegranate oil with Marula oil for what you are looking to treat. A few drops of antioxidant-rich Marula oil mixed with Pomegranate oil can boost efficacy and help restore your skin’s functions in perfect equilibrium. Long term use may visibly minimise pores, brighten the skin, protect it from the oxidative damage caused by pollution, tones down pigmentation and assists with scar tissue healing. Hope this helps :)
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi I’ve bought some of your pomegranate oil, together with rosehip and marula oils. Which of the other two oils would be better to mix with pomegranate oil for mature skin with hyperpigmentation due to sun damage and sometimes prone to spots and milia when using rich moisturisers. Also, can I use pomegranate oil by itself or combined with either of the other two oils around my eyes
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHi Genevive, Thank you for your comment. Homeopathic medicine refers to an alternative approach to medicine that uses natural substances that can be prepared to create a remedy to restore our health and feeling of vitality. Flaxseeds are a natural product that we have pressed organically to produce Flaxseed oil that we celebrate for its powerful healing qualities. I hope that helps!
- Flaxseed oil: the homeopathic healerHow, exactly, is this product homeopathic?