Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Simple leg toning exercises
It may be winter, but that doesn't mean that we don't want to look our best at the Christmas party.
Sometimes that involves fighting the cold and showing off a little bit of flesh.
Now, this can be a daunting prospect after a couple of months of winter eating (i.e. munching on chocolate reindeer and mince pies), but there's no need to fear.
You don't need an expensive gym membership or oodles of time to tone up your legs - it can all be done from the comfort of your own home.
Indeed, a few simple toning exercises will have your legs party ready in no time, giving you the confidence to pick out a dress that's that little bit shorter for the celebration.
This easy exercise is a popular ballet move - probably part of the reason why their legs are quite as toned and lean as they are!
Stand with your legs shoulder width apart, with your toes facing outwards.
Keep your back straight, your shoulders back and your pelvis tucked in.
Dip down, making sure that your knees don't go too low. Repeat this move for as long as you can handle it.
If you have balance issues, it is advisable to stand with your back to a chair.
Plies are great for the thighs, as they really works the muscles in the top part of your leg as you move up and down.
This is probably the simplest of all the leg exercises, but just as effective.
Simply raise yourself onto your tip toes and stretch out. Hold for about five seconds and then put your feet flat again.
Repeat this for as long as you feel comfortable.
Some people may like to hold onto a wall for balance and support.
Heel raises are so beneficial because they work the calf muscles, an area of the body that most people would like to see more toned as they are on show more often than thighs.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy