Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Simple leg toning exercises
It may be winter, but that doesn't mean that we don't want to look our best at the Christmas party.
Sometimes that involves fighting the cold and showing off a little bit of flesh.
Now, this can be a daunting prospect after a couple of months of winter eating (i.e. munching on chocolate reindeer and mince pies), but there's no need to fear.
You don't need an expensive gym membership or oodles of time to tone up your legs - it can all be done from the comfort of your own home.
Indeed, a few simple toning exercises will have your legs party ready in no time, giving you the confidence to pick out a dress that's that little bit shorter for the celebration.
This easy exercise is a popular ballet move - probably part of the reason why their legs are quite as toned and lean as they are!
Stand with your legs shoulder width apart, with your toes facing outwards.
Keep your back straight, your shoulders back and your pelvis tucked in.
Dip down, making sure that your knees don't go too low. Repeat this move for as long as you can handle it.
If you have balance issues, it is advisable to stand with your back to a chair.
Plies are great for the thighs, as they really works the muscles in the top part of your leg as you move up and down.
This is probably the simplest of all the leg exercises, but just as effective.
Simply raise yourself onto your tip toes and stretch out. Hold for about five seconds and then put your feet flat again.
Repeat this for as long as you feel comfortable.
Some people may like to hold onto a wall for balance and support.
Heel raises are so beneficial because they work the calf muscles, an area of the body that most people would like to see more toned as they are on show more often than thighs.
Posted by Matilda Jones
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)