Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The skin is the largest organ of the body and its health depends on many factors, both internal and external.
A healthy and varied diet and drinking plenty of water is essential of course, but there are skin supplements for skin that a particularly beneficial to the health and appearance of the skin.
The key to healthy and beautiful skin is to maintain a balanced diet rich in the antioxidant vitamins: vitamin A, vitamin C and vitamin E.
Alpha Lipoic Acid is a powerful antioxidant supplement for skin. It helps combat the signs of aging by maintaining a cell’s metabolic function so it can perform at optimal levels. It also helps enhance the positive effects of other antioxidants present in the body such as vitamin C and E by supporting their function.
Vitamin C helps to protect the skin from sun damage, Vitamin E isÿ a potent anti oxidant that help reducing wrinkles and maintaining youthful skin while Vitamin A is required for maintenance and repair of skin tissue.
These are important supplements for skin and help skin to stay moist and supple, help repair itself and to produce the enzymes that help in stabilising collagen, which is what give skin that youthful and ?tight? appearance.
But it is not only skin vitamins you need, there are many minerals and nutrients that are required for healthy skin.
Selenium is a trace mineral and needed only in small quantities.ÿ Selenium helps in the production of antioxidant enzymes which fight free radicals and help keep the skin young and protect the skin from sun damage.
Magnesium is a wonder ingredient in skincare as it has many boosting properties. This mineral is a staple in many anti-ageing creams because of it’s replenishing qualities. It also stimulates the skin to ensure that healthy elasticity is maintained and moisture levels remain normal.
Always make sure to read the ingredients on your supplements and vitamins and optÿfor supplements that are free from bulking, binding and other agents.
- Carrot Oil for Face Which essential oil is best mix with carrot oil for face and body
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Praise, Carrot oil, which is a carrier oil does have a slight ability to protect skin from the sun. However, it does not clear sunburn from your face or any of the oils you have mentioned. Coconut oil, Aloe Vera or Calendula oil might help. You can also apply essential oils that help sooth sun burn with either jojoba oil or sweet almond oil. The best essential oils for this would be lavender or peppermint. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Please, can I mix tumeric oil, carrot oil, jojoba oil and sweet almond to clear sunburn on my face
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi D, indeed there is conflicting information on whether Shatavari can be taken during pregnancy or not. Some studies showed that Shatavari can affect milk supply during lactation, and that Shatavari (Asparagus racemosus) has possible teratogenicity so it should be avoided in pregnancy. Other studies showed that Shatavari is an ingredient in most herbal teas which are recommended to be taken during pregnancy and breastfeeding. I would recommend that you consult your GP or a qualified herbalist who deals with pregnant women before taking anything, in case you are already taking some supplements/ drugs or herbs to help with your pregnancy.
- Shatavari benefits for WomenHi, there's conflicting information whether this can still be taking during pregnancy. What do you suggest as I use your brand and trying to conceive?
- The Rosehip Oil Diaries- Entry 1Dear Fatima, thank you for your message. For your type of skin Almond oil is ok -- its comedogenic level is 2 out of 5, it means it's not going to clog your pores. If you are looking for something even lower on that scale, you should go for Argan, Rosehip, Grapeseed, Hemp -oil which are 0-1. I hope this helps.