Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Skullcap, Valerian and Passion Flower for Sleep and Anxiety
Skullcap and Valerian have become quite well known herbs for their efficacy, especially with sleep problems and for the relaxation of the mind.
Skullcap is a native North American herb and grows especially within the southern states of the USA. Skullcap quiets nervous tension, eases muscle tension and spasms. Skullcap also induces sleep without strongly sedating or stupefying, and it may help to lower elevated blood pressure. Skullcap is also used in the treatment of a wide range of nervous conditions including insomnia, hysteria and anxiety. A lot of clinical studies are still being carried out on this herb, but within complementary medicine it has been used for many years, especially for sleep and relaxation.
Valerian is also a renowned herb used for easing sleep problems. It is one of the best gentle and harmless herbal sleeping remedies; it enhances the natural body process of slipping into sleep and making the stresses of the day recede. It is a herb known to help provide relief of insomnia, stress related anxiety and nervous restlessness. Valerian is also particularly recommended for people who do not need as much sleep as they once did; it also eases lying awake in bed, ensuring that it becomes a restful and relaxing experience.
Passion Flower is another herb known to produce mild sedative and anti-anxiety effects. It is a on-addictive herb to promote relaxation, and helps to settle edgy nerves. Passion flower grows from the same vine that produces the Passion fruit. You can also make a hot tea from Passion Flowers, buy it in capsule form, or purchase Passion Flower Extract in concentrated form for dosages.
Either of these herbs can be taken as a single tincture or even as a tincture blend like the Fushi Sleep Tincture, which contains both the Skullcap, Valerian as ÿwell as chamomile and oat seed.
- Ashwagandha benefits for menThanks for this great article. I have begun to take Ashwagandha, and my husband asked if it might be good for him too. Looks like it is, so thank you for the info.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.