Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Survive the party season with milk thistle
The festive season is almost upon us, but before you embark on mince pies, mulled wine and plenty of late nights, spare a thought for how your body is going to handle all the indulgence.
Our livers are put under tremendous pressure during the Christmas holidays as we eat and drink to near excess as part of all the merriment. But instead of denying yourself of all the mince pies and hot toddies, we suggest preparing your body with a bit of milk thistle.
Recent research into milk thistle has found that it not only helps beat liver problems such as cirrhosis and gallstones, but it can provide heart health benefits by lowering cholesterol. Also, links between the herb and the reduced growth of cancer cells in breast, cervical and prostate cancers have all been identified in past studies.
Thanks to milk thistle's main active ingredient silymarin - which is both an anti-inflammatory and an antioxidant - it makes sense to stock up before the festivities begin this year.
And it's not just benefiting us on the inside either - milk thistle can help improve your skin too.
The cold weather combined with dry central heating can take its toll on our skin during the winter months and that's not even mentioning how alcohol can affect it. Our liver is responsible for processing any of the toxins that have built up in our bodies, which could present itself as blemishes or dry skin our faces. So if you want to have a clear and glowing complexion into the new year, now's the time to be taking milk thistle.
What's more, milk thistle can even help prevent putting on those extra Christmas pounds this year. Because the liver is responsible for purifying blood and metabolising the fat carried around in the body, having a liver that is working at 'full power' means that it can metabolise fat faster. And help us shed those unwanted pounds faster once the new year fitness regime starts.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil Hi Lin, Fushi's pomegranate seed oil is a non-standardised, unrefined and natural oil. Each batch varies and displays a set of unique characteristics. This is simply down to our oils never being refined, deodorized or filtered.However, you will still be getting the same great quality and benefits from the oil.
- Carrot Oil for Face In the process of making In the process of making my carrot Oil today on low heat, the carrot turned brown unlike other days when I do it myself. Hope the oil will still work on my face and skin.
- The Great Pomegranate Seed Oil my pomegranate seed oil is light golden color(not paler) could it be a good quality?
- Carrot Oil for Face If cooking is not recommended, so what is recommended. Cause most people cooked it
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenDear Amanda, thank you for your message. There should not be interactions between Ashwagandha and tamoxifen. However, I would recommend that you consult a proper herbalist or your GP before staring to take this herb. Herbal remedies act differently on people. I hope this helps.
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenIs this supplement safe for women who have had ER+ breast cancer I've been on tamoxifen for 2 years and it pushed me head first into horrendous menopausal symptoms which show no sign of waning I am looking for something natural to help with stress sleep issues and increase my energy