Cookies on fushi.co.uk
Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency
Vitamin D is an important nutrient when it comes to your health. It is linked to overall wellbeing, strong bones and growth, which means that being deficient in it, can cause a number of problems.
It is often called the sunshine vitamin, as it is produced in the skin when you are exposed to sunlight. As very few foods, apart from fortified options, contain vitamin D, if you are not being exposed to as much sunlight as usual, you can become deficient in it.
You should make sure that you maintain good levels of vitamin D by ensuring that you are exposed to sunlight everyday, if this is difficult to do it can be worthwhile to take supplements. But how do you know if you are deficient in vitamin D?
Symptoms of vitamin D deficiency can vary. Even if you have very few or subtle symptoms, you could have dangerously low levels of the sunshine vitamin.
One common symptom, especially during the darker months when there are fewer sunshine hours in each day, is tiredness and depression. You might find that you have less energy than usual, suffer from a few aches and pains and generally feel a bit unwell.
Vitamin D deficiency can, in severe cases, cause osteomalacia, which presents itself as weakness and more pronounced pain in muscles and joints. You might find that you feel too weak to get up from a sitting position or to walk up the stairs.
If you are starting to feel down and achey, it might be worth taking a daily vitamin D supplement to see if this can help get rid of any pain and pick your mood and energy levels up a bit. It might also be a good idea to talk to your doctor to ensure that your symptoms aren't related to anything else.
When it comes to children, vitamin D deficiency can hamper growth, cause tooth decay, affect mood, result in rickets and lead to respiratory illnesses. You can diagnose vitamin D deficiency in children much the same as within adults, although younger children and babies may also suffer from muscle cramps, breathing problems and seizures.
If you suspect that your child may have a vitamin D deficiency, it is important that you get them checked by your doctor to confirm it. This can also be treated with supplements, although they will have to be suitable for children.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) Carrot Oil contains Beta Carotene and Vitamin A which, by eliminating toxic build-up and repairing sun-damaged skin, helps to improve skin complexion. Antiseptic properties also assist in reducing breakouts and the formation of acne. It is also great for hydrating the skin. So mixing it with Jojoba oil may help. I would also recommend mixing Jojoba oil and Tamanu oil as both have great moisturising properties and are great for acne prone skin. Hope this helps!
- Carrot Oil for Face I have acne. I have been using jojoba oil only but I noticed my face is sometimes dry. If I add carrot oil will it help moisturize my face and clear the spots or should I join argan oil to the mix?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyI found a supplement that is 500 mg, 120 Count. Do you recommend taking 1 capsule daily? or 2 capsules? I also take thyroid medication and an SSRI among other things.