Cookies on fushi.co.uk
That’s ‘Oil’ Folks!
That’s ‘oil’ folks!
By Ria Pattni
At Fushi we have always loved and advocated natural oils for beauty. Our quest has always been to discover wonderful traditional beauty secrets from world over. And we continue deriving inspiration from eminent Ayurvedic knowledge and its ancient beauty therapies for skin and hair.
Our pure organic beauty oils are the perfect addition to make to your beauty regime. Sometimes our skincare routine can get overcomplicated, and we end up spending way too much on fancy products with a list of ingredients we can’t even pronounce, with no idea what they’re doing for our skin. Instead, sometimes it’s a good idea to get back to basics and use as many natural products as we can for our body.
Natural oils are a luxurious way to nourish the face, body and hair. They can be used in a variety of ways. Our organic oils come from all parts of the world, always ethically sourced and pressed fresh from harvest to retain their potency and efficacy.
So why do oils work better for your skin?
Well, when the skin is young, it’s naturally luminous and the cells are held together by an abundance of oils. As we age, we produce less of the skin’s natural oils and we begin to lose the youthful shine and suppleness. Oils are the perfect way to boost a youthful complexion and nourish the skin with. They add the healthy lipid barrier and help prevent skin dehydration. The great thing is when you apply oils, they are absorbed immediately into the top layers of the epidermis and they work straight away on improving the lipid barrier function. So your skin will feel softer and begin to glow straight away. When compared to beauty products made from aqua, synthetic ingredients and artificial fragrances, natural oils deliver all of the benefits with none of the nasties.
Some of our favourite organic beauty oils for skin are Rosehip oil for example, which rehydrates the skin and helps promotes cell regeneration. Camellia oil helps to reduce fine lines, scarring and the appearance of pores. Jojoba oil is a natural hypoallergenic moisturiser and rich in vitamin E. The wonderful thing about oils is they make a great night oil treatment. So massaging the oil into the face and décolletage area, just before going to bed will ensure your skin retains moisture and keeps hydrated all night long. Another great way to use oils is as gentle and effective cleansers, by massaging a small amount onto the skin, and then gently wiping away with a hot face cloth.
So which oil is right for you? As with natural beauty therapies it’s always a matter of trying and testing things out. However, a simple brief guideline would be to first understand your skin type. If you have very dry skin, that means your natural skin barrier that keeps moisture in and irritants out, is not strong enough. Therefore, sensitive skin and dry skin often can be experienced together. Coconut oil can be wonderfully replenishing for dry and sensitive skin as it is a naturally anti-inflammatory oil. Avocado oil is also very nourishing for dry skin, being rich in nutrients it also feeds into the skin layers and helps protect the skin with its rich antioxidant properties.
For combination skin Oils like Jojoba, Argan and Grapeseed oil are recommended. As your skin seems to be producing the natural oil quite well already, these oils will benefit the skin in other ways. They will provide antioxidants and protect the skin and help keep fine lines and wrinkles at bay.
For problem skin Again it’s a matter of trying oils out and seeing what works best. At Fushi, we love sourcing exotic beauty oils as many of them have been known to have amazing skin benefits for troubled skin. Oils such as Moringa and Tamanu are known for their antibacterial properties and also help keep the skin blemish free. The great thing is you can also make your own blends too, mix the oils you want together to meet your skin’s needs. And even add a few drops of your favourite essential oils to enjoy an uplifting fragrance at the same time.
And of course the versatility of oils is fantastic, as you can use them in your hair too. Once a week apply 1-2 tablespoons of the oil, we recommend Coconut, Argan and Avocado especially. Massage the oil into the scalp gently and run through the length of your hair. Usually left overnight will ensure your hair will undergo a deep conditioning treatment while you sleep. Always remember to wash out thoroughly and use a natural shampoo for the best results. Remember only consistent, long-term use will result in gorgeous, healthy, shiny long hair.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thankyou very informative ♥️
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHello. Technically Ashwagandha should not have interactions with Hormone Replacement Therapy as it works on the body's stress response. That said, we always recommend people taking any medication to double check any interactions with their practitioner. Take care. :)
- The amazing Ashwagandha benefits for womenHi, if I'm on hormone replacement therapy (estrogen and progesterone), can I also take this for menopause symptoms, stress, and brain fog issues associated with menopause?
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyHi Fred, Unfortunately, I am unable to advise on this since you are taking medication. Herbal remedies can interact with other drugs. You should approach any kind of supplement or medication with equal caution (prescription and non-prescription). It is best to seek advice from your GP.
- Ashwagandha Dosage for AnxietyIs it safe to take 500mg Ashwaganda once a day whilst taking fluoxetine 20mg Once a day?
- Carrot Oil for Face Hi Mercy, yes Carrot oil is usually made using carrot fruit infused in almond oil :) The oil should be stored in a cool, dark place to maintain the maximum shelf life. You can also store it in the refrigerator. It Will keep for 6-8 months if stored properly.