Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The 7 Day Detox Rules
Drink at least one fresh juice a day. (If you can manage two even better!)
Eat at least one leafy green and colourful salad.
Have a serving of cruciferous vegetables (broccoli, cauliflower, kale, cabbage, in a juice, soup
Include protein foods throughout the day - these will help stabilise your blood-sugar levels.
Protein foods can include nuts, seeds, beans, pulses, fish, eggs and soy or live yogurt
Drink herbal teas, green tea and warm water when you need a warming drink
Dry body brushing is recommended every day before your shower.
If you have access to a sauna, make the most of it.
Take a 30 minute brisk walk that leaves you slightly breathless
On waking A cup of hot water and juice ½
Breakfast Liver Cleanse juice (see recipe below), 2 grilled tomatoes and a few slices of avocado,
Squeeze some lemon and sprinkle on some pepper for taste.
Mid-morning snack 3 prunes and 1 tbsp pumpkin seeds, with a cup of Milk Thistle
Lunch A large mixed salad: Mix 1 large handful each of spinach leaves and watercress and add
some cherry tomatoes and colourful vegetables, such as red pepper, radish and celery.
Mid-afternoon snack Sticks of celery, cucumber and carrot; a cup of green tea
Early evening Have another glass of the Liver Cleanser juice if left over.
Dinner Vegetable and bean stew: Chop ½ red onion and 1 garlic clove and sauté in a saucepan
until soft. Slice ¼ red pepper, 1 courgette and ½ leek and add to the pan with 200g tinned chopped
tomatoes, 200g chickpeas or kidney beans and 200ml vegetable stock. Bring to the boil, then reduce
the heat to low, cover and simmer for 10 minutes until the vegetables are tender. Stir in 1 handful
spinach leaves just before serving. Finish off with some Fennel tea.
Liver Cleanser Juice
1 small lemon
Half a beetroot
1 tbsp of Fushi Wheatgrass superfood
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks