Cookies on fushi.co.uk
THE AMALAKI STORY
THE AMALAKI STORY
By Jade Ellis
Amalaki, commonly known as Indian Gooseberry or Alma, is considered one of the most rejuvenating herbs in Ayurveda. Amalaki is one of the three fruits that are contained in Triphala. Triphala, is a herbal concoction which has been used for thousands of years in Ayurveda. In Sanskrit, Amalaki means “the sustainer” and has traditionally been prescribed to strengthen the immune system and cool the body.
The main nutrient in Amalaki is Vitamin C. This herb contains an extremely high concentration of this Vitamin, and is one of the highest in the plant kingdom. Twenty times that of an orange! Amalki is also an antioxidant which supports the liver and is known to be beneficial at lowering cholesterol levels. This herb is also known to support healthy levels of stomach acid and improve digestion!
Due to the impressive amount of nutrients and the many benefits of Amalaki, this in turn is very beneficial for the complexion and the hair. This herb can moisturise, cleanse and support immunity of the skin. Amalki also does amazing things for the hair! This herb helps to boost absorption of calcium which creates healthier bones, teeth, nails and hair. Amalaki and its essential fatty acids, strengthens the hair follicles therefore prevents the thinning of hair with age and helps to maintain the youthful hair colour.
The high vitamin C content in Amalaki can help pre-mature greying of the hair and help to retain the colour of your hair. It has also been known to be an effective remedy for dandruff, dry and flaky scalp, as it has the ability to nourish the scalp from within. This herb can stimulate hair growth due to its high iron and carotene content.
Due to the massive array of hair beneficial properties that Amalaki has, Fushi has used this herb as a main ingredient in our new formulated shampoo. Our new ‘Argan and Amalki’ shampoo is hair reviving, Ayuverdic herb infused and enriched which boosts lustre, shine and strengthens the hair. Regularly using Amalaki in your hair can prevent breakage and split ends and encourage the growth of the hair!
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)