Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The benefits of jojoba oil
Jojoba oil is one of the most versatile essential oils you can use on your skin.
Obtained from the jojoba plant, this light golden, slightly nutty smelling oil is found in Mexico and parts of the US such as California and Arizona.
The oil is a liquefied form of vegetable wax and found in the seeds of the jojoba plant.
It is commonly found in its cold pressed unrefined state, where it is easy to apply to the body and carry with you in your bag.
Plus, unlike some other oils it does not contain triglycerides, meaning it has a relatively long shelf life.
High quality jojoba oil comes with a long list of benefits, owing to its high concentration of vitamins and nutrients.
Jojoba oil contains a large selection of important nutrients such as vitamin E, B complex vitamins and minerals, chromium, copper, zinc and silicon.
The presence of iodine helps it to fight against bacterial and fungal infections.
Uses of Jojoba Oil
Jojoba Oil has a number of benefits for both facial use and for hair growth/care. We take you through how to use this essential oil for both of these purposes.
It promotes healing of the skin in many ways, owing largely to its antimicrobial properties.
The chemical composition of jojoba closely resembles the skin’s natural sebum, meaning it is suitable for even the most sensitive of complexions.
With its antibacterial properties it is also used to treat infections such as athlete’s foot and cold sores.
Jojoba oil can encourage balance within the skin, preventing it from becoming too oily, helping to reduce natural sebum, which, unlike jojoba, can clog pores.
It acts as an excellent moisturiser and is suitable for all types of skin, rehydrating dry skin and balancing oil production in oilier or combination skin.
As jojoba oil is hypoallergenic in nature and packed with vitamin E it can be applied directly onto the face or mixed with your regular face moisturiser and used twice a day.
It can prevent the onset of wrinkles, leaving skin clean, clear and beautifully smooth.
Jojoba oil is easily absorbed and won’t leave your skin feeling greasy, so it can be used in a multitude of ways, as a body oil, facial cleanser, eye makeup remover or even on your hair.
It can be used for body massage, although you may want to mix it with another essential oil, and for cleansing you just need to soak a cotton ball and rub it gently over your face, where it will remove makeup quickly and effectively.
Even difficult eye makeup can be taken off using jojoba oil, as it doesn’t cause eye irritation, even when used on eyelashes and the thinner skin around the eyes.
Jojoba oil can also be used for your hair as a hair oil or conditioner.
It moisturises the scalp, provides protection against dandruff and will strengthen and reinvigorate the roots of your tresses.
After shampooing, pour a few drops onto your hair and rinse thoroughly afterwards, or massage a little into damp, towel-dried hair
You should notice that your locks feel silkier, healthier, stronger and thicker the more you use it.
- Coconut Organic Oil Virgin Fresh-Pressed25% OFFAs low as £7.50 Regular Price £10.00
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes, our cold pressed carrot oil can be used on both the face and body. You can add few drops of Carrot oil to your body cream.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) yes you can mix few drops of carrot oil with Shea butter and apply it as hair mask. It is thought to bring balance in moisture for hair as a conditioning agent. Shea Butter and Carrot Oil works extremely well as a hair softening mask, especially to comfort sensitive, aging skin during cold winter climates and extreme dry heat.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello can I mix carrot oil and Shea butter and apply on my hair
- Carrot Oil for Face Can i use cold pressed carrot oil as my face and body cream
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) you can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello, You can for sure mix carrot and papaya oil together. I will help reduce hyperpigmentation :)