Cookies on fushi.co.uk
The benefits of quitting for smokers
One healthy living tip that most people who smoke will have heard before is that they ought to give up the habit – but that doesn’t mean it isn't an important piece of advice!
Interestingly, though, one in four smokers taking part in one recent survey felt that money provided them with a bigger motivation to give up than the impact smoking had when it came to their health in the long term.
Furthermore, according to the British Heart Foundation statistics, close to one in three of the smokers involved said their kids or relatives hated the fact that they smoked.
One in four said they didn’t enjoy smoking as much as they used to as a result of the higher level of guilt they felt in relation to the habit. These statistics were released in the run up to No Smoking Day, March 13th.
Close to a fifth of the sample said they would be able to buy more things for relatives if they gave up their habit. And more than one in three felt guilty over how much of their money goes towards smoking.
The charity is encouraging people who smoke to consider the fact that they will benefit financially from giving up.
A special calculator tool that can be found online allows people to input the number of cigarettes they smoke, then find out how much cash they could save by quitting.
So by giving up a ten-a-day habit, for example, the calculator suggests someone could make a £1278 saving over a year.
That could be used to buy enough beautiful smelling herbal shampoo to last a very long time – something that will make your hair smell much nicer than cigarette smoke would!
"More than 750,000 smokers will attempt to quit on No Smoking Day on Wednesday 13 March so why not get ready to join in and reward yourself and your family with the money you save when you ‘swap fags for swag’," suggested Dr Mike Knapton, BHF Associate Medical Director.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you Emiliano for your comment. In this blog we are referring more to oils, more so than butters and while we agree with you Shea is an excellent emollient for hair, it's consistency is more buttery and it is used more as a leave-in remedy to smooth hair texture. We have suggested Coconut oil as it helps slow down hair loss by penetrating deep into your hair shaft to prevent protein loss, which in turn prevents breakage. When applied to your scalp, it simultaneously moisturises and removes build-up around your hair follicles to encourage hair growth and is one of base oils always used in Ayurveda for hair treatments. As this post is more focused for hair and not for skin, the comedogenic scale applies to skin/pores and not hair follicles. Thank you again for your feedback.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Hello Zu, yes hair loss can be very stressful and this in turn amplifies the cause almost.. Perhaps with Covid, your system may have been depleted of nutrients and fighting the virus can take its toll on your immune system, so sometimes our hair and skin suffer when we have been ill. We really believe in oils for scalp massage as the best way to revive the growth and help regenerate the follicles. It may be also worth at looking at internal supplements and making sure you are getting enough of omega oils, perhaps plant based such as nuts and seeds in your diet. For external oil treatment, would recommend the Really Good Hair oil which we create with Brahmi, this herb is known to help bring the scalp back to health and improve growth. Biotin is also a good vitamin to take as a supplement to help with hair growth so do look into that. So hope these tips will be helpful for you.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?I, am very surprised that your article did not include Organic Shea Butter and that coconut oil, is your number one choice for hair growth and thickness. According to the comedogenic scale, coconut oil, has a rating of (4), on a scale from (0), to (5), on clogging your pores. Why would anyone put coconut oil, on their hair or skin knowing the pores will get clogged up. Shea Butter, on the other hand has a (0), rating on the comedogenic scale, which is great for dry hair and skin and won't clog up your pores.
- Which is the best oil for hair growth and thickness?Thank you for your very informative article. I suffered COVID in December, 2020, and in February I started experience extreme hair loss and all my hair jus falls like a person who is under going Chemo therapy. It's very depressing. Had to cut off all my hair and even the little that is left is falling off daily not sure what to do. Please suggest something.
- Carrot Oil for Face Hello :) You can use carrot oil only in small drops on your skin in the morning/during the day since it is highly potent. Carrot oil is rich in vitamins and is a very effective moisturiser. You can also mix a few drops of Carrot Oil with your favorite face cream. You can do that at least twice a week or include it in your daily skincare routine. Hope this helps.
- Carrot Oil for Face Can I use the carrot oil in the day time? Because I am using Vitamin c serum in the night. Please advise. Thanks